Carrara 8.5 error "Wizard Scenes not found"

Shadowhawk70Shadowhawk70 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am getting the following message when I am trying to start with a preset.

"Wizard Scenes not found: Install the Wizard Scenes from the application CD to access them"

Any suggestion what this is asking for?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited August 2013

try installing the old native content from C8.1 to the C8.5 folder (if you upgraded it should be in your account too.)
    lots having this issue
    I cannot test
    because
    I myself have an entirely different mess!
    Due to my previous not uninstalled non-standard installation my own personal content has all been added in the main folders with everything native in subfolders
    my scene wizards worked out the box as did all my Howie scenes but finding stuff is an utter mess.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

That is in the Carrara 8 Native content file. It was not initially included in the downloads, but has been added now.

I installed Carrara 8.5 pro to c:\Daz 3D\Carrara8.5 and installed the files to that directory to keep it out of the program files directory.

• Jay VersluisJay Versluis Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the pointer!

I've installed Carrara 8.5 Pro and my scene wizard was also not showing up. Then I discovered the Carrara 8 Native Content and installed it via the Content Manager. The files are in the correct locations as far as I can tell, but when I restart Carrara the scene wizard still doesn't show. All I'm getting is the dialogue, with the first two buttons greyed out (see screenshot).

Do I need to tell Carrara to check for new content, and if so how do I do that?

Screen_Shot_2013-08-27_at_12.08_.38_.png
    751 x 387 - 143K
  • Jay VersluisJay Versluis Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Ah... my mistake - installing the content manually (without the content manager) did the trick. Phew!

• Shadowhawk70Shadowhawk70 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks! I will try moving the files. Seems kind of crazy to have to do that when they are pushing everything via their installer. I assumed it would do the install of all of the components itself...

• McRenArtMcRenArt Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

:-( shader wizard does not work anymore :-( “Wizard Scenes not found: Install the Wizard Scenes from the application CD to access them”
    and I'm not talking about the " new Document " wizard but the one in the material window ...
    anyone has a hint ? ...
    :red:

• HeavyDHeavyD Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

I am having the same issue with the Presets and Landscape Wizard being grayed out when I start a new scene. You indicated that reinstalling the content manually fixes the issue, correct? And that having to do it that was is crazy? I agree and want to know if there is another way. How is it done if there is no other way?

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited November 2013

This happened to me quite some time after I upgraded from beta to Pro 8.5. I had CMS running as well so I didn't know why it happened, but some kind person here told me to go and re-download Native Content from my account. So I went to my Product Library and manually installed it to the main programme files as my previous purchases of Carrara are stil there. Wah lah....scene wizard was back. But don't know if DAZ knows abut this. I thought it was just me.

I am not sure, but am wondering "if" as I have a 64-bit machine....that my previous editions were 32-bit and that's where the Native Content was. After I moved Presets and other bits I wanted over to the proper non (x86) location of my Pro 8.5 files... I didn't think to move the Native Content, so perhaps Carrara was still accessing it there. Saying that because after I got set up with Pro 8.5 I did uninstall/delete the older versions of Carrara.

But still...you'd think the wizards would be in the new Pro bundle and just go to into the programme's location in the 64 bit programme directory. Where would new buyers have gotten it from?

Sorry if I am talking rubbish, but am just rambling out loud here as I noticed the Wizard disappeared after I got rid of older versions of Carrara to clean up my machine.

Maybe a Spooky can shed some light on this?

xx SileneUK

Post edited by SileneUK on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your insights.

I need to be walked through the process, though.

Which files are the "native content" and where do they go?

Thanks.

edited December 1969

So . . . I am not as lame as my last post implies.

I looked in the 8 folder and found Presets and Scenes folders. I copied them to the 8.5 folder and on a quick test the problem seems to be solved. Thank you for the input everyone.

The question still remains - Why was this necessary and left to users to figure out?

Thanks again.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 1969

I accidently unistalled C8.5 and lost all my native content other day, added stuff remained untouched!
    slowly putting it back from my backup of C8.1 I had when running the beta but need to sort out a lot of added crap!
    I cannot seem to find a seperate installer now in my account library just the new content though am certain there was one at least for 8.1
    very odd

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

I've tried moving , copying content, scenes etc, all over the place. I have all kinds of extra native content folders now all over the place and still no working scene wizards. Macos 10.6.8 using 64 bit. Do the text files need to be recoded to point to the scene wizards? Incredibly fustrating.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Actually got it running! I went to an old 8.0 carrara installation and did a show package contents, and copied all of the scenes and presets over to the Carrara 8.5 package contents. All appears to be working now. Just have to remeber to protect all that if I ever delete old installations. Sure my rambling only makes sense if you work on macs and know about the hidden packages contents.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I would try the installer if you have that option and point it to the C8.5 folder/application.

If you have no option but to do it manually, and you're on a Mac, you may need to navigate to the C8.5 application icon and either right click or control click to bring up the contextual menu. From there, choose, Show Package contents. This will open a new window. Open the Mac OS folder to display its content.

The two folders you are mainly concerned with are Presets and Scenes. I'm attaching screen shots to give a general idea of what goes where.

Please note that I'm using C7.2 Pro and NOT C8.5, so the actual contents may differ slightly. I'm also using OS X 10.4.11.

Picture_8.png
    793 x 686 - 91K
    Picture_7.png
    798 x 682 - 91K
    Picture_6.png
    370 x 161 - 14K
    Picture_5.png
    904 x 639 - 80K
    Picture_2.png
    324 x 422 - 57K
  • realdariusrealdarius Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello Everyone,

It appears that the "Carrara Native Content" via DIM install is fixed.

Here are specifics of my situation:
    - I bought and installed Carrara 8.5 Pro yesterday.
    - No previous installs of Carrara.
    - I used all the default DIM settings.
    - I had the same problem with the "Presets" and "Landscape Wizard" grayed out.
    - Installing the "Cararra Native Content" via DIM fixed it for me; I did not need to do anything manually.

Hope this helps,
    rd