Carrara and softy body

kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

If I get Carrara, it's primarily for the use of soft body features. I've been wondering about the draping plugin for Daz for a few months, and this might be the better plan. Are the current users getting good results? Will it work with any clothes, or only dynamic clothes?

Comments

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Carrara's soft body physics works GREAT!

On everything.

Except clothes...

• kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

Except clothes…

thanks. that's where I'd most need it. so if it's not great at clothes, there's no justification for the purchase in my case.

Post edited by kurthurt on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

kurthurt said:
    Except clothes…

thanks. that's where I'd most need it. so if it's not great at clothes, there's no justification for the purchase in my case.

I would wait to buy, but I would also do a little more research. There have been some people here that have been experimenting and getting some okay- not great- but okay results. Bullet is still basically a beta physics engine in Carrara. Hopefully we'll see some movement with Carrara 9 and dynamic clothes.

BTW, there are some ways to bake the dynamic clothes into morphs or animated morphs in Studio, and then bring those over to Carrara. Personally, I'm not familiar with the workflow. You may get better answers about this if you were to start a new topic specifying dynamic clothing instead of the more generic soft body title. I would also give it a couple days until all the C8.5 install threads, bitch threads and bug threads die down a bit. ;-)