Carrara Challenge 42 – PIONEERS – Dedicated to Eric Winemiller - Winners announced

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

well done Wendy and all the prize winners... great work again yes

thanks for hosting a great challenge @Alberto

thanks again everyone for voting for my images smiley

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411
    th3Digit said:

I was afraid of this blush

I was not expecting to win, while honoured am petrified too

this is why I don't enter these things surprise

thank you for everone who voted for me though all the same

I think there were so many worthy entries that should have won, I had trouble sticking to 3 choices

almost certainly will need help if I have to host one esp the dealings with DAZ, I try to avoid that, think only ever returned one product for example.

Don't worry, Wendy. I felt the same; but this wasn't as difficult.

You will get a lot of help. And there is an Operational Manual for Carrara Challenge hosts  by UnifiedBrian!surprise

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Entry # 2

Title:  Momma said it was manifest destiny

Artist:  UnifiedBrain

WIP links:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3935191/#Comment_3935191

DCG products used:  Fake Fresnel on text and (some) terrain

Additional notes:  This is a bit of a kitbash.  Characters are both V4.  Wagon is a rendo freebie, and the V4 apron skirt is from sharecg (both very nice).  The V4 adult top is the Courageous tunic, and the child's dress is a modified Valiant Tabbard.  The steer is an amazing freebie I just discovered, but old-timers likely already know it well.  I looked at several muskets, but nothing could touch the one at rendo from dante78 (a terrific artist). 

Native processes include Carrara Realistic sky, Carrara terrain, Carrara Volumetric clouds, Carrara text, and aura.  I didn't create anything in the modeling room, but I modified virtually everything in the scene there.  GMIC provided the canvas texture, and some contrast.

No postwork.

hey I forgot to say how much I liked this image!! Terrific feel of the pioneering spirit!!

Congrats to the winners but especially to everyone who entered. It was a wonderful learning experience, seeing the mind bank of Carraraists attacking Eric's plugins with lateral thinking.

Thanks Albert great job, and to DT for sponsoring and Daz and expeccialy thanks to Eric as well!!

Looking forward to what the mind of The Wendy comes up with!! Running the challenge isn,t hard Wendy but if you would like to pass that's no problem either, dont feel obliged.

I'll bet you will enjoy doing it though

regards from oz

:)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited October 2018
    Alberto said:
    Alberto said:

Alberto, that is why they pay you the big bucks. smileysmileysmiley

Oh!, it's supposed to be a secret! blush

laugh

Seriously, you did an awesome job hosting.  Congrats to the winners, and all the participants.

Thank you!

You have earned the right to learn the secret host handshake!

Secret Handshake.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 285K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Well done everyone. I was impressed by the quality and innovation in all the images; just picking three was very difficult!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Congrats to the winners, and well done to Alberto as host as well as the participants, many thank-yous to the sponsors.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Congratulations Wendy! If you decide to host it, I think you will do a wonderful job! Never be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone- especially among friends!

Congratulations Wendy! If you decide to host it, I think you will do a wonderful job! Never be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone- especially among friends!

Yes, if you do a bad job we will  shave your head :) 

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411
    Alberto said:
    Alberto said:

Alberto, that is why they pay you the big bucks. smileysmileysmiley

Oh!, it's supposed to be a secret! blush

laugh

Seriously, you did an awesome job hosting.  Congrats to the winners, and all the participants.

Thank you!

You have earned the right to learn the secret host handshake!

Kids, don't try it at home !

• S RayS Ray Posts: 399

Entry# 7

Title: Getting Ready to Populate Proxima Centauri B.

Artist: evilproducer

Entry: #8

Title: Silent Pioneer, Buster Keaton

Artist: Diomede (Ted Murphy)

Entry 16 

Title: Michael Faraday - Inventor of the Party Balloon

Artist: Headwax

• Entry 12

Entry 7

Entry 4

Clearly these plugins offer amazing options. I have so muc catching up to do. All the best to all the contestants!!

this challenge has been run and won....

thanks for your interest in voting but a tad late for this one.... keep an eye out for the next challenge which will be coming along shortly... yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I am still waiting to hear back from Britney ..

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    th3Digit said:

I am still waiting to hear back from Britney ..

Not unusual.  It is roughly 7am Utah time as I write this.  With the PC+ sale just getting going, I'd expect Britney's inbox to be quite full today.  She has been great to us.  She'll get back to you efficiently.  If you are worried about managing your time for the next challenge, you can post all the other info any time you want, and then edit the Daz sponsorship part later.  That was just done with Dimension Theory's sponsorship of the previous challenge.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Just wait for Britney.  Pausing a week - or sometimes two - between Challenges is pretty common.

That said, I'm looking forward to it!

Wait, or don't wait.  You are the all-powerful Empress.  Not me.  Not UB.  If the challenge lasts 5-6 weeks, it doesn't matter if the Daz portion is announced a few days into the challenge.  Delayed announcement of daz sponsorship also has precedent.   If for some reason Daz doesn't sponsor, that too could be announced a few days into the challenge.

Just wait for Britney.  Pausing a week - or sometimes two - between Challenges is pretty common.

That said, I'm looking forward to it!

Just wait for Britney.

Seriously?  UB, sending you a PM.

edited October 2018

In the spirit of structure, don't wait for Britney.  If you know a theme and a requirement (if any), let us know so we can get our thinking caps on. 

Post edited by Diomede on

Great news that you are hos\ting Wendy! Go for it.

OK got the email back from Britney

going to suggest use of a forum shared freebie as the condition of entry

there are so many that have been shared and will try and compile some links to the zips, with as much help as I can get especially from the freebie makers heart

I even have some I made for what it's worth cheeky

and you are welcome to add a freebie to the thread when it's up too yes

that will be attempted after work tomorrow when I have plenty of time

as to theme

thinking Hallowe'en/ horror etc but based on a song or poem like for instance the Monster Mash, Witchy woman (well anything sung by the BeeGees is a horror in itself surprise ), etc

edited October 2018

Great idea, Wendy.  I'm sure it will inspire some terrific renders.  I used to post a few freebies at sharecg.  I might have announced a model here in the forums, with a link to its location at sharecg, but you would not find the zip here.  I'm sure I am not alone.  For example, Varsel used to make some of his models from the challenges available at sharecg.  

Varsel - http://www.sharecg.com/varsel

Diomede's annoying sci-fi movie bird - http://www.sharecg.com/v/90134/gallery/5/3D-Model/Cute-Bird-Carrara-Rig

This might be a cool way to get Varsel, Mark Olson (MDO2010), etc., to check back in.  yesyes

Post edited by Diomede on

yeah I can extend that to any links to freebies by forum members

only throwing ideas around this stage, thread coming tomorrow 

Yay!

I wonder what Wendy has in mind..... hmmmm.. maybe cats taking out YouTube smiley

Looking forward to whatever you come up with Wendy 

Stezza said:

I wonder what Wendy has in mind..... hmmmm.. maybe cats taking out YouTube smiley

Looking forward to whatever you come up with Wendy 

ever see the book 101 uses for dead cats.... ?

Bated breath here!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Looking forward to what Wendy the Witch conjures up !!!