Any improvements between Carrara 8.5.0.204 and release version?

StealthWorksStealthWorks Posts: 40
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi
I have been using the Beta version of Cararra for a while now and was just wondering if there were any improvements between the latest beta and what you can buy today. I too am not sure if the upgrade price is worth for me based on what I've been using in the beta but may be swayed if there's anything extra in the released version?

Comments

• elephantboy90elephantboy90 Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

I might be fantasising but it seems a little snappier. Also haven't had any crashes yet with fur or metaballs which were 2 areas I always seem to have issues with in the last Beta.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

I hear geografts are still broken, haven't been able to check on other bugs encountered during beta.

• edited December 1969

So its like using "beta" version still then :(

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

I think the animation filters were added between v204 and the release version - not seen any discussion of them yet?

• CarltonMartinCarltonMartin Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    I think the animation filters were added between v204 and the release version - not seen any discussion of them yet?

Included within the documentation sticky http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/carrara/8_5/userguide/animating/tutorials/animation_filters/start

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited December 1969

So its like using "beta" version still then :(

Really? That's an odd assumption after one bad reply? There was 40 or so builds after the beta, and if Daz is like my company, we don't build just for the heck of it. Most builds are full of updates, bug fixes and features.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

I didn't test everything in all the previous betas, such as autofit etc, but what I can say is that it works great in the release version. In some of the betas, I'd try to fit something and it still had poke-throughs, etc. With the release version, I haven't had one issue. It seems to be stable and the new features are working well. In fact, I loaded a scene I saved previously from a beta that had bad poke-through on a dress, and by simply reselecting Genesis as the "Fit To", it sorted out all the issues perfectly.