Silent Comedy for Animators

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited September 2018 in Carrara Discussion

Came across this page.  I am a huge fan of silent movies, especially silent comedies.  

Here is the greatness of Jackie Chan

https://youtu.be/GFI6pvOl3YY

Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

heartJackie Chan

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited September 2018

yes I love jackie chan too. if yo notice most of my films I make do not use much dialogue in them .. i try to do them like that so people from all around the world can understand my films... and sometimes its not easy

Post edited by Ivy on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

nice work Ivy

Diomede that's a crackup, especially because my work computer has no sopund - great to see the geneses of your keaton image

there's a good series on comedy by Professor Mr Bean too

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Repeating an old post:  "At some point about halfway through 2001: A Space Odyssey here's what everyone should be thinking: "WTF Stanley Kubrick? There's no more dialogue in this movie? I hate you." No one thinks that because the film is a complete transfixing masterpiece."

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    Steve K said:

Repeating an old post:  "At some point about halfway through 2001: A Space Odyssey here's what everyone should be thinking: "WTF Stanley Kubrick? There's no more dialogue in this movie? I hate you." No one thinks that because the film is a complete transfixing masterpiece."

Love this, Steve. My university students ask, "were we supposed to watch this while high?"

edited September 2018

Sorry double post

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited September 2018

Thank you head wax, I find silent films challenging .. but also when you lack actors to do the voices  that kind of forces you to make your films like a silent one

https://vimeo.com/184781601

Post edited by Ivy on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

I agree, Ivy.  Minimizing conversations is sort of imposed by my situation. 

Here is an example of Roman Atkinson referred to be Headwax. 

Ha Ha Ha HA  @Diomedeyes

That was a great find , you can learn alot from Roman Atkinson

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    Cbird said:
    Steve K said:

Love this, Steve. My university students ask, "were we supposed to watch this while high?"

I've heard that may have happened (it was the 60's, after all).  Critic Roger Ebert: "To describe that first [1968] screening as a disaster would be wrong, for many of those who remained until the end knew they had seen one of the greatest films ever made. But not everyone remained. Rock Hudson stalked down the aisle, complaining, 'Will someone tell me what the hell this is about?' ''   Ebert's original 1968 review gave it four stars (out of four), then in 1997 he added a "Great Movie" writeup.  In the first review: "The fascinating thing about this film is that it fails on the human level but succeeds magnificently on a cosmic scale."