Uniforms, Dress Uniforms, modern varied

I would imagine they could do an entire web paged dedicated to uniforms but I'd love to see expansion packs across the board.. but which uniforms do other people want to see?  What uniforms do you use and if you could do expansion on them what would you want to see?

Comments

• SadeSade Posts: 883

somewhy i read unicorns...

• sade said:

Horse 2 has a great unicorn option... :) 

• I have been waiting YEARS for a set of American-Revolution-era uniforms.  British redcoats, Contental soldiers, Minutemen militia, Hessian mercenaries, etc.  Basicall, the stuff worn in 1776.  It has never existed on the Daz store, and I would buy it in a second.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    eyuknis said:

I have been waiting YEARS for a set of American-Revolution-era uniforms.  British redcoats, Contental soldiers, Minutemen militia, Hessian mercenaries, etc.  Basicall, the stuff worn in 1776.  It has never existed on the Daz store, and I would buy it in a second.

Ditto. I agree and oncur and want to see them here as well.

• nucclenuccle Posts: 19

G3F and G8F are in serious need of some good Airline Stewardess Uniforms. :)
    Something like in both of the attached images...

asian_stewardess_03.jpg
    431 x 600 - 31K
    british_airways_stewardess.jpg
    410 x 600 - 129K
  • sade said:

I wonder what sort of uniforms a unicorn would wear.

• As I've posted elsewhere, I'd like a traditional chauffeur's uniform.

Not finding one, I made do with Uniforms for Michael 6, which could really do with a new updated version. The concept of that product is excellent, but the execution is somewhat lacking - the clothes are too tight, the jacket is too short, it just doesn't cut it alongside more recent content.

• sade said:

I would imagine some of that great horse armor ... I was just trying to be accomidating.

• eyuknis said:

I have been waiting YEARS for a set of American-Revolution-era uniforms.  British redcoats, Contental soldiers, Minutemen militia, Hessian mercenaries, etc.  Basicall, the stuff worn in 1776.  It has never existed on the Daz store, and I would buy it in a second.

Yeah.. I think the key for me is that both sides of the conflict have to be availible.. the cool thing about a "British Redcoats" uniforms is they still get used.  I think for me the key is hoepfully the uniforms have enough varations that we can do scenes with characters of different ranks and equipment can interact...I'd like to see the uniforms that have the creators do several expansion packs. 

But then.. I think the Redcoats and Yankess should be placed into a war mega pack and sold just like they do the different characters...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Remember that in the American Revolution, not all colonists even had uniforms.  I think the same was true during the Civil War (which wasn't quite so civil).

Dana

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited October 2018
    eyuknis said:

Agree

on top, the good thing with uniforms of this period; with enough options for colors of coats, pipings and collars (used for regimental marking), almost ALL regiments of almost ALL nations could be represented - since almost everybody followed the "Prussian" uniform model those days - EASY GAME for the artist picking up the topic - there would not be hundreds of different coats, trousers, hats and pouches... it's literaly the same for all of Europe!From the Seven Years War straight to Napoleon - the elements of military uniforms stay almost the same. The most visible change ist the evolution to less expensive uniforms (less cloth, smaller cuffs, tighter cuts) and the replacement of the tricorne with the shako.

Afficher l’image source

Afficher l’image source

Afficher l’image source

Post edited by andreretogasser on
  • andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited October 2018
    DanaTA said:

Remember that in the American Revolution, not all colonists even had uniforms.  I think the same was true during the Civil War (which wasn't quite so civil).

Dana

VERY true! It's one of the evident ERRORS most movies make. Full regiments and armies in brandnew, identical uniforms - no faded colours, no worn shoes no torn clothes, no "non-reglementary" trousers stolen somewhere on the way....

I found this in a book: the quality of the famous French BLUE COATS was (in the first years after the revolution) of as bad quality, the soldiers where told to BRUSH the jackets - but NEVER TO WASH them with water because the blue would fade in a grey or even white - the colours of the Austrian enemy!

Following illustrations (later era) look closer to reality:

Afficher l’image source

Afficher l’image source

Afficher l’image source

Post edited by Chohole on
  • jakobrhjakobrh Posts: 101
    nuccle said:

What about the nova dress for the red one or Attention Please. At least for the hat and blazer. Maybe combined with a skirt from another outfit.

• nucclenuccle Posts: 19
    jakobrh said:
    nuccle said:

What about the nova dress for the red one or Attention Please. At least for the hat and blazer. Maybe combined with a skirt from another outfit.

Neither of those are in the style of the ones I posted though.
    I mean the more traditional "Business Suit" style of Stewardess outfit.

• jakobrh said:
    nuccle said:

Along with a fair majority of the 'sexy _______' those clothes are never worn in the real world and certainly wouldn't be viable for any advertising purposes outside of maybe a men's magazine comic.  I think a lot of the time people forget that for many of us, the characters and clothing we buy are a business decision and we are looking for products we can market to other adults of both sexes.

Realistic uniforms are designed to look professional and will be part of a billion dollar advertising industry.  It needs to have HD materials and pay close attention to the details because our downline customers will too.  The airline industries have huge budgets for advertising.. We have several realistic planes available already in the catalog... 

Happy rendering...

• nuccle said:
    jakobrh said:
    nuccle said:

Neither of those are in the style of the ones I posted though.
    I mean the more traditional "Business Suit" style of Stewardess outfit.

I loved the look of those ones that you posted... both of them.. I'd really love to see both those exact styles made.. I would definately buy them.  Thanks for suggesting that...

• eyuknis said:

I'm working on exactly this. I haven't decided, though, whether to aim it at M4 for Poser, or G8 for DAZ. I suppose on here, there'd only be one answer?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    eyuknis said:

I'm working on exactly this. I haven't decided, though, whether to aim it at M4 for Poser, or G8 for DAZ. I suppose on here, there'd only be one answer?

If you plan on selling it you have MUCH better luck with an G8 version

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    sade said:

I would imagine some of that great horse armor ... I was just trying to be accomidating.

The problem would be getting it on the unicorn.
    They were nasty, vile-tempered beasts.

• I would love to see military uniforms. Everything from Napoleonic Wars all the way up to WWII. There's SOME modern stuff, but unfortunately these things often get sexualized and therefore unusable for a lot of the artwork I do.

ALTHOUGH, I'd totally take one of those sweet Revolutionary War frock coats and put it on a fabulous gal, sans underclothes!

Also proper flight suits, instead of the skintight stuff available now.

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606

As I've posted elsewhere, I'd like a traditional chauffeur's uniform.

Not finding one, I made do with Uniforms for Michael 6, which could really do with a new updated version. The concept of that product is excellent, but the execution is somewhat lacking - the clothes are too tight, the jacket is too short, it just doesn't cut it alongside more recent content.

I really like this one for its versatility. I've no use for accurate historical uniforms, but a set even more complete than this one (more rank insignas, symbols, headwear and such) but in the same spirit (allowing to cover pretty much any need for a whole period of time, whether you need a French-looking policeman or a Russian-looking admiral) would be great.