Genesis 3 Female Morph for Bending Knees while dancing?

If I were to replicate dance moves in this video, particularly when "La Bamba" by Ritchie Valens is heard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTdQj6f0UiU

Is there a morph I could purchase for Genesis 3 Female anywhere that I can allow for such bending of knees and bopping down?

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

What do you see in that video that cannot be done with the current rigging and requires a morph?

• jestmart said:

What do you see in that video that cannot be done with the current rigging and requires a morph?

Scroll to about 0:20 in the video, and you'll see an example of the knee movement I am referring to.

I wonder if there are any morphs for Genesis 3 Female that can allow me to bend the figure's knees like at 0:20 in the video?

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798
    edited October 2018

Here's what she's doing at 0:20:

Sort of standing with her hands on her hips. I'm none the wiser as to why you can't achieve this pose with normal bends. Pretty girl though.

To get the twisting side-to-side and bobbing up and down, you just need to bend the existing bones at the hip, pelvis, thigh, shin and foot. You might possibly have to turn limits off in some places, but probably not.

Your main problem is that Daz figures are posed relative to the hip, so as you bend her legs they come up and she stays hovering in mid air. You need to move the x,y,z coordinates of her hip bone to move her feet back to the ground. A trick to help, if you're making an animation or a series of images. is to put a little plane primitive on the floor where her feet are and use it as a guide so you can position them to the same spot. You can hide it when it's time to render.

girl20.jpg
    256 x 516 - 37K
    Post edited by chris-2599934 on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

The problem is not the rigging.  Its an animation challenge.

• Mattymanx said:

The problem is not the rigging.  Its an animation challenge.

I know I can do it.  I believe in it.  I just have to find the time to do it, but I prefer to do the poses so many at a time over a period of time.

It's just that I've had other things to take care of, DAZ Studio related.  Just recently, I started developing a new city in DAZ Studio, but that project may be on hold until i purchase more RAM.  I am considering purchasing upwards of 16 GB (two × 8 GB) from Best Buy during the holiday season.

• it would probably be easier to figure out if you could find a source wearing leggings or trousers rather than a skirt.

• This script might be helpful when working on an aimation (though it only works on G3 and older characters):

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts6/mcjautolimb2015

• This script might be helpful when working on an aimation (though it only works on G3 and older characters):

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts6/mcjautolimb2015

That works well for me, since I rely on Genesis 3 and sometimes Genesis 2.

The one issue I have with Victoria 4 is that skirts do not conform well like it does with Genesis 2 and 3, which is why I discontinued using Victoria 4 figures, but still need them if I want to fit Victoria 4 clothing onto Genesis 2 or 3.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041

if you happen to own iClone pipeline that could be done quite easily with floor collision on the feet and translating the figure down while dancing, then baking constraints while using collect clip and in 3Dxchange subsequently exporting the BVH.

How well you can get it to load on Genesis 3 or 8 is questionable but it would work with genesis 1 and the saved duf animation would load on Genesis 3, for 8 you could then add a tpose preset by agent unawares that is also available as a freebie.

see this thread

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/250726/so-if-an-animation-is-saved-using-genesis-it-works-on-genesis-3#latest

of course if you don't own iclone this is irrelevant