Fly away

soltsolt Posts: 21
edited August 2013 in Carrara Discussion

hi,
i love this illustration.
modeling and render in carrara 7.
one question, is this the good place to post images ?
Thank you

fly-away--.jpg
1024 x 1334 - 456K
Post edited by solt on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Nice job! Very wistful!

I don't see why it wouldn't be. If you're interested we have a running thread where we encourage people to post their renders. It's probably down a page or two since C8.5 was released and there are a lot of thread about it. I'll see if I can find it. It's great to peruse just to see the wonderful imagery people post!
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20965/

• GarethGareth Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I really like the concept to this scene :) there are some topology issues, but still looks great!

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

I like it too. It has a nice style.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Oh man! I really like your style, solt! Please keep them coming! Pretty Please!!!

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
    edited December 1969

Reminds me of a painting.

Gareth Davies, topology issues?

• soltsolt Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Thank you to you all. I appreciate your comments.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Really like it actually, the concept and the execution. Nice job.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:

I didn't want to ask at first, but I have the same question and would like to know what he means by "topology issues". Sure, we all know the literal meaning of the word "topology", but I'm not sure if it was meant in a literal sense...

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:

I didn't want to ask at first, but I have the same question and would like to know what he means by "topology issues". Sure, we all know the literal meaning of the word "topology", but I'm not sure if it was meant in a literal sense...Same here. ???

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
    edited December 1969

Perhaps the small trees is what he means by topology issues? To me I have seen paintings where not everything meshes with reality and still the paintings are considered great works of art.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    Perhaps the small trees is what he means by topology issues? To me I have seen paintings where not everything meshes with reality and still the paintings are considered great works of art.

My first thought for some reason was the topology of the objects in the scene, like artifacts from problems in the underlying mesh. My untrained eyes didn't notice anything though.

Great job!

• GarethGareth Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry for not explaining what i thought was a issue with this image properly... what i meant was that the geometry of the male characters head could do with a bit more topology attention, but the issue is small... really small... microscopically small. :)