Admin access _carrara and Mac OSX

thomllamathomllama Posts: 18
edited October 2018 in Carrara Discussion

High Serria Mac OSX.. trying to install carrar after years of not using, but i just get in an Admin loop where it asks for admin access after entering carrara Key.. enter admin password and it goes and say to run with admin access and flops back to the carrara Key window again.. and loops around never actually starting up..  

searched here but didn't get anything even close to an answer, guessing it's not the first time this has happened but the search here give me nothing remotely the same.. :/ 

Post edited by thomllama on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Have you tried intalling and entering the password as a root user? Then after it is (hopefully) done, you go back to an admin.

• Have you tried intalling and entering the password as a root user? Then after it is (hopefully) done, you go back to an admin.

wouldn't have a clue how to go about that...

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Have you tried intalling and entering the password as a root user? Then after it is (hopefully) done, you go back to an admin.

Hello EP, I'm not a Mac user, but does this help ? https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204012

• got the root user thing figured out.. still doesn't work

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    thomllama said:

got the root user thing figured out.. still doesn't work

Sorry I was gone for a couple days. Bad weather and spotty internet. Entering the password as a root used didn't help? Well, poop! Not sure what else to try. I'm using El Capitan and have avoided upgrading to High Sierra so as not to break some other programs I have.