Carrara 8.5 and Fenric Posing Pack 3

CbirdCbird Posts: 493
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Is there an already known problem with this?

Using the duplicate function result in an error the next time I try to open a file and file won't open.

Is this something I'm doing wrong with the plug-in or is anyone else getting this? (Sorry if I missed a thread, I did look around)

Comments

• FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited December 1969

Duplicate seems to be working for me, even with Genesis. What exactly are you trying to duplicate?

Carrara doesn't like duplicating "partial" setups - if you have a figure and conformed clothing, you can't just duplicate the clothing. If you have modifiers, tracked objects, "point at" or other such things, you need to duplicate them all at once. It works best if you group things and then duplicate the whole group.

Duplicate is an optimized equivalent of dragging to the "My Objects" folder in your browser and then dragging back to your scene: it doesn't use compression, doesn't generate a thumbnail, and deletes the temporary copy from your disk when it's done - but otherwise it is using exactly the same functions. If you can't drag and drop a given item successfully, then duplicate won't work either.

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited August 2013

thank you for responding so quickly!!

The duplicate works fine for me too. It is when I use it, then save the file, then try to reopen the file, I get the message.

Sorry, should add. This was a test on a simple scene using only V4.2, no clothes, etc.

photo.JPG
    960 x 720 - 200K
    Post edited by Cbird on
    edited August 2013

That looks like the old file saving bug?!? Let me check...

Er... no. The file won't open anymore. Spooky, what did you guys do to nativefileformat.mcx?

Edit: Don't save with compression. Rename the file .car.gz, and unzip it. 7-Zip will work if you're on windows, a Mac can just do it.

Post edited by Fenric on
    edited August 2013

Fenric said:
    That looks like the old file saving bug?!? Let me check...

Er... no. The file won't open anymore. Spooky, what did you guys do to nativefileformat.mcx?

Edit: Nevermind, it is the same old problem. Don't save with compression. Rename the file .car.gz, and unzip it. 7-Zip will work if you're on windows, a Mac can just do it.

Well... that was cute. Went to edit my post and ended up quoting myself. :)

It's been this way since 7.x: Don't save with compression. Uncompress your file if you have this problem.

Spooky, are you guys ever going to update your version of ZLib and fix nativefileformat to actually CLOSE the stream instead of hoping that the destructor will do it for you?

Post edited by Fenric on
  • CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Thank you for figuring it out for me, Fenric.
    I knew there had to be some user error involved :)