Miss you all!

Long story a bit less long, 

My Grandson was born with (not sure the long first part wording) epilepsy. We kinda all knew something was strange - just not quite right. When I was babysitting him, I noticed what looked like a seizure. Then it happened again, and again... scared the living crap out of me.

Got him all checked out and... well... enough of that.

Picking him up from daycare one day... it just felt like the poor kid was stuck in a cage in an upstairs corner all day. Yeah... he's really hard to manage... but....

Well... I asked my Daughter if Rosie and I could take the kids out of daycare until other arrangements could be made. Worked great. I've learned a lot from his 0-3yr.old therapists so that I could work with him all day, everyday... that's been my life for the past, oh... somewhere between 2 and 3 years. No internet and just an hour or two at night with Carrara... which has been my relaxing leisure time. 

Made some cool new costumes and shaders for Rosie... of course. She's always been my focus... being my main hero and all. The real life Rosie continues to overwhelm me with her heroism. She's fricken Amazing! 

Just found out yesterday (from evilproducer, good friend of mine) about the DCG going OpenSource thing. Yikes a wowwah! Got that package right away!

Anyway, I really miss you all and will be back soon. Our local school has set up a special service to help with my Grandson's therapy and day care needs... and they're amazing - I'm so relieved! 

Just getting home now from all of that. getting a bunch of crap done that got neglected while we were so gone all the time. Then my Carrara machine's GPU just fried... so now I have a few minutes more on the internet, so I thought I'd stop in a say: Hi!

Wish I could show you some pictures of what I've been doing in Carrara, but that person FedEx sent walking hasn't made it here yet

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited October 2018

Newer pics still on my phone, but these are pretty cool

Grandson is three now. I'm entirely blessed at how much they enjoy having me in their lives.

Granddaughter's five already and has me totally wrapped around her little finger. 

Found this on my parent's kitchen cupboard!

...and I've had the busiest year of drumming I've had in a  l o n g  time! So glad. I love rockin' live!

2016-09-04 001.jpg
    1440 x 1920 - 223K
    Olivia Rocks 2017-09-16 001.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 295K
    2017-07-05 001.jpg
    1440 x 1920 - 249K
    01a.jpg
    1688 x 1201 - 1M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited October 2018

...just found this oldie. Kinda cool

ThruCoreVan_AGF.gif
    297 x 171 - 5M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Remembering back, the above GIF was a fun, strange exercise. I wanted to try Fusion (7, at the time) 

I rendered the ship with an alpha channel. Funny part was that i was using a spherical map of that same background for the scene for use in reflections, etc.,

The background is just a static image - that was the experiment. I hadn't used Fusion before. Really cool software. I wasn't having any luck figuring out how to export from Fusion to GIF. I think you'd need the paid version, which would likely allow for an export to GIF plugin.

I simply rendered it to jpg sequence (or was it avi?) and opened that in Carrara (render room) and then saved that as an animated GIF. I love how Carrara, the robust software of the ages, can perform such simple conversions. Crazy!

Carrara Forever!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Greetings Dart

Terrific to hear from you and to know you are still alive!!

Sounds like your grandson is blessed to have grandparents like yourselves!! Lucky chap.

Looking forward to hearing more.

(oh I am sorry to say the pics arent showing up for me)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

And I can't sort them out to make them show.    even google doesn't like the link

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

using quote  there is no link, did you delete your upload thumbs afterwards?

edited October 2018

or rather it wants me to sign into my google account if use source

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Howdy, Dart!  I can't see the images, either.  Glad your grandchildren have such a wonderful grandfather.

You have been missed!!!

LOL! Sorry about that. I couldn't get the forum to upload anything, so I put them in Google photos and copied the image address.

Hmmm... how does this internet thing work again? LOL

I'll see if I can fix

Hmmm... seems to be something with images I've resized using Irfanview (and saved using the 'Save As for Web' plugin)... they just won't upload even though their data size is so much smaller. Ah the thing we learn while we're young, eh? ;)

I think I fixed them.

Hey, thanks for the kind comments! It's good to be home!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yeah   I have problems sometimes with images from Irfanview, especially if they have come from skype or discord.

Chohole said:

Yeah   I have problems sometimes with images from Irfanview, especially if they have come from skype or discord.

Good to know. I normally only use it for viewing or copying pixels (it's excellent for that!) and just use an editor for resizing, etc., It was late and I was tired! LOL

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Hiya Dart... you are an AMAZING grandad and your family is so fortunate to have you and Rosie to help with the little ones.  Being a grandparent takes up a lot of my time now as well. Be careful, though, not only do they wrap you around their wee fingers... they grow up way too fast and we just keep getting older.  I need more energy!

yesheartkiss  Silene

welcome back heart

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Dart, you keep doing the right thing, the right way.  First in helping your son, and now your grandson.  Very impressive.

Happy you are almost back, though I may need more RAM to keep up with your posts. smileysmileysmiley

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

Welcome back, Dart. We miss you, too!

(And Fluidos plugin also misses you: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/220631/fluidos-plugin-for-carrara-version-1-3-update).

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

add a couple more heros to my list.To be candid, not sure i'm that strong - praying never to be tested.

the pix are all great, but that wedding announcement is simply priceless, in style, emotion, and the way we get to see it - worn on the wall. Looking at that image, your Rosie morphs might be pretty good, but she's way prettier in real life.

good folks, birds of a feather, etc.

cold beers and best wishes - looking forward to your return,

--ms

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Stezza said:

Wellcome back, wellcome back, wellcome Beck!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

awww  new baby coochiecoos

welcome back

sounds like your family has love in abundance