Added Mike 5 to a scene in Cararra Pro 8.5

Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I then tried to use the pose library to add the M5 Philip texture. Nothing seemed to change although it did add the texture to the list on the right. I tried to add it various ways. Double clicked. Dropped it on the model. (Made sure he was selected.) Dropped it on the selected model in the list. I also tried to apply an action pose, but the model didn't change. I thought maybe the model was locked, but I couldn't see where. So now I'm wondering...do you have to manipulate the model in Studio and then import the scene or should you be able to do this in Cararra? I tried an old model and it worked OK. This one was pre-studio.

I did use the Daz Install manager to install everything that came with Cararra. The first time through there were about 7 things that failed. Both 32 and 64 bit versions and some things that needed them to be installed before they could install. I re-ran those items and everything installed successfully. Not sure if that could have any effect on this.

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited August 2013

I think you may either have dropped it in the wrong place or only changed the UV maps. I'm rendering right now so I can't check, but I believe the order should be that you load Genesis, then select 'actor' in your genesis, then go to the materials tab under people and drag the material for M5 over your genesis to make sure you've got the the M5 UV maps in place (so there won't be seams) then you'll need to go to the shaders tab within Carrara, go down to 'Skin' and there should be some pre made shaders for Phillip there.

Keep 'actor' selected in your Genesis, then go to the texture room. You'll see a multi colored ball at the top right of your current Genesis texture (that's the master shader). Grab one of the Philip carrara presets and drag and drop it on top of that multi colored ball. Now you should have Philip textures loaded.

You can then either use it as is or tweak the shaders. Render should now show Philip.

It's possible I'm misunderstanding what you're asking and the problem you're seeing though.

Post edited by Jonstark on
  • Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109
    edited December 1969

Well, I guess a am doing something wrong. M5 was in the figure folder. When I put him in the scene, I could see the bone structure behind him. I didn't try to pose him manually to see if I could move him. Maybe I will. I did try to drop the shader on top of that large red ball, but I got a symbol that said it wasn't allowed.

edited December 1969

Thought I would try to actually do it to see if it worked for me,

I first went to the Studio runtime 'My Library' in the Content Tab, drilled down to People/Genesis/Characters then grabbed Michael 5 and dragged and dropped him onto 'Scene' in the Instances Tab to the right. (I could've also loaded the regular Genesis and then dialed in the Michael 5 morph but then I would also have to have changed the UVs to M5 as well, so it just seemed simpler to just load Michael 5 from the jump).

I looked everywhere but couldn't find a parameter morph for Philip, but then looking through the DAZ product pages it looks to me like the standard Michael 5 default morph *is* the Philip morph, or from another point of view Philip is apparently just a texture that is designed to go on M5, and not a character morph at all.

So I went back to my Instances tray and clicked to expand the Michael 5. I selected the 'Actor'.

Then I went back to my content tray and instead of using the content tab I went over to the Shaders tab. Scrolling down the list of options, I selected 'Skin' and then under Genesis/Michael 5/Philip I found the Philip Shaders.

At the top of my screen I selected the little paintbrush symbol to get into the texture room, and once it had come up and loaded I went down and grabbed the BTL Philip M5 shader and dragged it up, dropping it on the multi-colored ball for the master shader.

There's some sort of error where the shader wants me to find a texture map that doesn't seem to exist (or at least it doesn't exist in the directory where all the other PHilip textures are located (which is My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilMan/M5) and I got several prompts asking me to locate the jpg 'CorneaTr'. I just hit the cancel button several times and this prompt went away, and it seemed to load the rest of the shader just fine.

Went back to the assembly room and rendered, looks like it's working ok for me.

But again, it may be you're running into a different problem than I am.

edited December 1969

Edit: I believe the actual texture map you should be loading would be M5PhillipEyesO in the areas that it requests CorneaTr, so better to just load that instead of cancelling out of each of the 3 or four prompts that request 'CorneaTr'. After the shader loads, you can always grab the multicolored ball symbol for the master shader, and drag it down to your shader tray, and name it whatever you like, and you'll have a corrected shader you can use in future that won't bother you with prompts for non-existant files).