How do I filter out "greyed out" items in DAZ Install Manager (DIM)?

hjakehjake Posts: 837
edited October 2018 in Product Suggestions

How do I filter out "greyed out" items in DAZ Install Manager (DIM) on the "Ready to Install" tab list?

Post edited by hjake on

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

It sounds like you may have the Display Hidden option checked. If so, removing the check mark from the box will hide those items again.

I've also noticed, if I Hide a product and then later install it without Unhiding it, the product will show in my installed list, but still be grayed out. When that happens, you have to uninstall and delete the product, Unhide the product, and reDownload/reInstall to so the product shows up in the list without being greyed out.

• hjakehjake Posts: 837
    edited October 2018

Hi L'Adair. Thank you for responding.

I am not asking about "Hide Package(s)" and "Display Hidden" on the "Ready to Download" tab.

I am concerned with the "Ready to Install" tab. For example, in the picture attached, Generation X for DAZ Studio is "greyed out". I don't want to delete it, I simply want to use the filter/search box to filter out items that are downloaded but not ready for install, possibly because I have not purchased the source item. This should be possible, some how, since they are able to identify items that shouuld not be installed?

2018-10-07_083417.jpg
    1219 x 467 - 83K
    Post edited by hjake on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641
    edited October 2018

It looks like you have downloaded a couple of items that you have hidden  If you delete them they should again show up in the ready to download tab as hidden items.

ETA: What you are deleting from the 'Ready to Install' tab is the zip file that was downloaded (and not the item if you already have it installed).

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited October 2018

Hi Charlie Judge. Thank you for replying.

It seems you are correct which is too bad since it means DIM does not filter out installation of textures when the base product is missing.

SO NEW QUESTION?

There is no install sequence for software and content? Just selected all and say install? I have over 7000 items in my product library.

They should have a hide/unhide package toggle in the ready to install tab.

Post edited by hjake on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited October 2018
    hjake said:

It seems you are correct which is too bad since it means DIM does not filter out installation of textures when the base product is missing.

SO NEW QUESTION?

There is no install sequence for software and content? Just selected all and say install? I have over 7000 items in my product library.

That would be really nice. As well as the ability to Hide/Unhide products in the Ready to Install tab!

What I do is just not download textures for products I don't own yet. (Sometimes it's really hard to pass up a freebie!) But if I could download and hide them under the Ready to Install tab, that would be ideal. I don't have Poser, so I hide Poser-only files when they aren't needed. When I tick the Display Hidden box, I have a huge list of hidden files to wade through!

ETA: I don't believe there is a sequence, though I always install the base program first when there are updates. For example, when there is a new version release of Daz Studio, I'll install Daz Studio before any of the other updated content and plugins.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641
    edited October 2018
    hjake said:

SO NEW QUESTION?

If you select all items DIM will download and install in whatever sequence it sees fit. However, if you want to download and/or install in a partticular sequence you can check just the item to download or install and then repeat in whatever order you want.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited October 2018

Charlie Judge and L'Adair, thank you for your assitance.

I am not sure how to get the message to DAZ but a hide/unhide package in the Ready to Install tab would make a lot of sense. They already implemented it in the Ready to Download tab.

Post edited by hjake on
  • hjake said:

I am not sure how to get the message to DAZ but a hide/unhide package in the Ready to Install tab would make a lot of sense. They already implemented it in the Ready to Download tab.

Open a Techncial Support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us and for the type select Feature Request (you can also put feature request in the subject line).

edited October 2018
    hjake said:

Open a Techncial Support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us and for the type select Feature Request (you can also put feature request in the subject line).

Your request was successfully submitted.

i jumped through the hoops and done - thanks Richard smiley

Post edited by hjake on
    edited October 2018

Also I installed 7278 items by select all and install.

Then installed 33 bryce items after i separately installed bryce 32 bit on win 10 64 bit.

An addiitional 23 items were not installed due to redundancy with existing items or photoshop not installed.

Post edited by hjake on