Is there a 64 Bit version of DAZ Install Manager?

Edd_ weavo-1Edd_ weavo-1 Posts: 38
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I keep trying to download The Install manger, very unsuccessfully I have to say, keep getting either download interrupted or publisher couldn't be verified whilst downloading the Install manager. I think the install manager download may be faulty at your end, otherwise I would have downloaded the ruddy thing by now on both my laptop AND workstation. I give up. I've used Chrome, Firefox AND IE, still same results.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

Once you get an interrupted or failed download it is best to clear your cache before attempting to download it again, because the currupted download will still be in the cache and will cause subsequent download attempts to fail.

And no DIM is only 32 bit, as it does not require a 64 bit version.

Considering the number of members who have successfully downloaded and installed it I doubt that there is any problem from DAZ 3D end.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,001
    edited December 1969

No, the application doesn't handle large enough chunks of data to need a 64 bit version. The interrupted downloads do sound like a connection issue - can you download other items from DAZ successfully? DAZ hasn't, in the past, used a certificate on its installers but the latest DIM does have one on its helper files (for application installs) and I thought it did on the actual DIM installer.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is no 64 bit version of DIM, it is not required.

If you are having a problem downloading the file, it may be a Browser cache problem. Clear your cache and try again. I haven't heard of any problems with the site today, but if it still doesn't work, you could try again later.

• Edd_ weavo-1Edd_ weavo-1 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Somehow, I THINK the DAZ Install manager is working, not sure, I tried from the previous install manager (.59) and updated that way. And just let to run, sure took it's sweet time to run and install though. Gonna try the same with the workstation and see what happens.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It does take quite a long time to update, but it generally succeeds without any incidents.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I had some problems with content downloads on and off overnight and the store was flaky. That probably was your problem. I presume all should be well now.