Export for rendering

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Dear all,

Is it possible for DAZ Studio 4.6 to export not only scene, but all needed source files(geometries, props, textures) for rendering purposes on other machine?
I have weak machine always on hands, but DAZ constantly crashes on fourth rendered scene because of some sort of memory leak(ASUS notebook, ATI HD2400,3GB DDR2 667) and I have to restart Daz and render all over again. I have access(not regular, but it will do) to gamer-type desktop(DELL Alienware) that should be enough to render all what is needed at the moment. I can install DAZ there, but I do not have time to use DAZ Manager long enough to download all needed products to render one scene.

Is it possible to export TOTALLY whole scene(including files that DAZ uses) to one file/bunch of files, so that it could be rendered on stronger machine?

Comments

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Probably not a memory leak. 3Delight probably runs out of memory. I don't think there is any easy way to do this. If you did want to use DIM and just download the necessary files you could just copy your scene file. I don't think any of the export options will export the shaders properly, unless you use the default DS shaders - could be wrong about that though.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Render to RIB File, with DS. It will create a directory with all necessary files from the filename you'll give
    Copy the whole Directory to your other computer
    Get 3delight Standalone Renderer http://www.3delight.com/en/index.php?page=3DSP_download
    Install it to the other computer

Then you'll just have to search in your exported RIB directory for the xxx.rib file, right click on it and choose "render with 3delight"

Note that you can't open the exported files with DS
    With this method you could also try to render on your notebook. Without DS opened it may not crash as you'll have fewer memory consumption
    The drawback will be that you'll only be rendering with 2 cores at max.
    I've also read somewhere that it was not working with arealight. Not sure about that because it should work if all shaders are exported
    What will sure not work is DS background but you can add it in a 2D graphic app afterwards. Just make sure to save your final render as PNG or TIFF

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

I didn't realise the the RIB export grouped all the files locally...