Poses changes my characters

viluvuluviluvulu Posts: 72
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey all.

I use V4 and Genesis 1 alot. And i have noticed that some pose "packs" alters my characters body.
Is there any setting somewhere to stop all poses from altering body sizes/morphs?

Thanks

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Some poses apply the morph(s) for the figures they were made for. Try holding down the Ctrl key when clicking to apply the pose and when the options dialog appears delecting the 'apply morphs' option.

• viluvuluviluvulu Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Hmm, that does not work. Nothing happens, it only applies the pose and alters the body.

Tried another pose pack, and now the ctrl thing works. Should i tick off: Scale General, X,Y and Z axis?
    And do i need to do this for every pose i use?

Thanks

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

You should only need the Ctrl-click a very few of the pose applications. It is usually just the Morphs I deselect, though I do occasionaly deselect the Z, Y and Z Translations (if the pose also moves the figure to another place). Always remember if it goes bad to hit Ctrl-Z (or Edit> Undo)!
    I have had the Ctrl-click ignored, usually when a 'keep limits?' question dialog pops up, that seems to mask/over-ride the general options dialog. Strangely, if you immediately Undo the pose application and do it again you DO get the general options dialog appearing!

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

The Ctrl-click thingie only works with native DAZ Studio files but not with Poser .pz2s. Using Ctrl-click on a Poser .pz2 pose file only brings up the limits off/on dialogue.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,007
    edited December 1969

Try applying the pose, then use File>Save as>Pose preset... to save a native file, which will not hold morph settings - it will, however, hold scaling so if there's scaling you may need to click the menu button on the left edge of the option dialogue and select Check Only>Check Rotations Only. Native presets must be saved either outside the Runtime folder, or in the same folder in Runtime>Libraries>Pose as the original pose and with EXACTLY the same name as the pose (which will apply the preset when you double-click on the pose in the library).

• viluvuluviluvulu Posts: 72
    edited September 2013

Thanks guys, got alot of good info. Now the challenge will be to remember all :)

Damn you brain..

Post edited by viluvulu on