Downloaded content import?

martino27martino27 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi
been away from Carrara for a few years, and the other day I went and bought C8.5 Pro. Installed the program no problem. I'm busy downloading extra content now (M5, V5 etc) There doesn't seem to be installers for the content, so my question is where do I install the stuff? The zipped files usually contain folders: Content and Manifest. Where must I copy them into? Or what is the procedure/file path? Thanx.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,915
    edited December 1969

They need to go into the Carrara program folder.

• martino27martino27 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is it the "Carrara 8.5" folder, coz each time I drag and drop the files it askes me to merge them, as they have the same name (Content) and even tho he content shows in the content tree afterwards (when I launch Carrara) it won't import them into a scene.

edited December 1969

Are you on a Mac or PC and what operating system? If you on a Win7 system it should go into C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Carrara+version #. I'm assuming your installing the files manually and not using DIM, correct?

edited September 2013

I'm on a win8 pc. Yes, manually. The items do show in Carrara under Content Runtime, they're allocated to respective subfolders, ie. characters, props etc. But they won't load.
    64 bit if that makes any difference, although I doubt it

Post edited by martino27 on
    edited December 1969

I'm trying to get you some help with someone more versed in Carrara

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

please please give a screen shot of your content tab in Carrara

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

I have only installed basic stuff so far, but I did it like this. I simply dragged them from out of the content folder and put them in the Carrara folder.

Mind you my install is not to the C drive.

carrara_screenie_3.jpg
    466 x 569 - 113K
    Carrara_screenie_2.jpg
    466 x 569 - 124K
    carrara_screenie_1.jpg
    466 x 569 - 123K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited September 2013

martino27 said:
    I'm on a win8 pc. Yes, manually. The items do show in Carrara under Content Runtime, they're allocated to respective subfolders, ie. characters, props etc. But they won't load.
    64 bit if that makes any difference, although I doubt it

when you added as a folder did you add as a runtime if so that is wrong.

You need to add as content as this is all DS content, Runtime is only for items in a poser runtime structure.

this is mine

Content-In-Carrara.jpg
    1440 x 870 - 201K
    Post edited by NeilV_1 on
    edited December 1969

Here's the screenshot. as you can see I was trying to load Michael 5 ant that's the error I get. However I was able to load objects from Dystopia folder below.

carrarascreen1.png
    1680 x 1050 - 215K
    edited December 1969

Ok I think I solved it. I imported the Content folder from within the program's browser and it works now. Now to see if it will update the library each time I add content files to Carrara folder. Thanx everyone for your help.