content installation problem

bernardoiracibernardoiraci Posts: 0
edited September 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello everybody.

I have daz studio 4.6 and I am having some serious problem with additional content installation. I managed to install things such as michael 5 and victoria 6. The installers managed to find the locations on their owns and now I can find the new content in the program.

I also have the kids 4 starter, and here start the trouble. The installers do not see locations on their own and I cannot find the right place for installing them. Is it C:\Users\username\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library? or is it C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library? Or is it maybe in the program files daz installation folder?

Same problem applies to the archives files such as dresses. No clue of where this should go.

Finally if I try to download and install a product from my download library, the download fails in the install manager.

Daz is a great program, but honestly the content installation needs some improvements, as I think it is quite frustrating this way... Could anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance! :)

Post edited by bernardoiraci on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I also have the kids 4 starter, and here start the trouble. The installers do not see locations on their own and I cannot find the right place for installing them. Is it C:\Users\username\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library? or is it C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library? Or is it maybe in the program files daz installation folder?

The default install location for the older Bitrock (EXE) installers was My Library. The DAZ Install Manager (DIM) uses the Public are, nad it is called My DAZ 3D Library, so depending on whether you use the DIM or install yourself.

If you are using the new ZIP files (?) then you should open them, open the folder called Content, and empty it's contents into the library that you use for DS content, either My Library or My DAZ 3D Library. Do not put the content folder itself into your DAz Library, just the files that it contains.

• bernardoiracibernardoiraci Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thank for the answer... now I think I messed up things pretty bad.

I don't know what I exactly did I wanted just to uninstall everything but now when I load daz there is NOTHING, not even the default content. I tried to unisnstall it again, manually erase evry file related to daz, even clean the registry, but when I install it it is always the same. The smart content is empty.

What can I do? Thanks again for any help...

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The content is not contained in the main application installer.

You have to download Genesis Starter Essentials AND Genesis2 Female Starter Essentials as well, to get the content. Install them using the DIM (DAZ Install Manager).

• bernardoiracibernardoiraci Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

yeah I was also reinstalling all these packages but I did not get it... however, I don't know how but after several tries I got it back...

Thanks for the help.