Fun! Looks like I'm one of today's celebrated Published Artists!(Commercial)

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
edited September 2013 in Carrara Discussion

A bunch of us are participating in a group launch themed for "Under the Sea" which, at least for me, corresponds with my annual PA Sale-which worked out pretty cool, I think.

Carrara EnvironKit - Underwater Realms is a fun way to begin underwater adventures in Carrara using a bit of a different approach - using the atmosphere of the Realistic Sky, rather than colors in lights, to create the underwater blue effect. It comes with some really cool new terrain pieces and groups of 'bubbles' emitters that utilize directional forces built into each scene. Some scene comes with the "Rays of Light" special effect seen in the promos.

But my whole store is on sale for the day, being my PA Sale Day ;)

starry-sky-for-carrara-large.jpg
240 x 312 - 6K
db-animation-kit-1-for-millennium-dragon-2-large.jpg
240 x 312 - 19K
ekw_main1.jpg
240 x 312 - 30K
UWR_Main.jpg
350 x 455 - 60K
Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Comments

• mrgraphixmrgraphix Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

i bought the underwater and woodlands cant wait to create with them... Glad you created these!

• FURBFURB Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

I'm going to hang off on this till I see some renders from other users. The promos look too dark for me.
    I have your woodlands one though, and really like it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

looks good Dart.

Help I think I am going to be skint after I have taken today's cart through the checkout. :coolsmirk:

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I saw that Dart! Great job!

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

A bunch of us are participating in a group launch themed for "Under the Sea" which, at least for me, corresponds with my annual PA Sale-which worked out pretty cool, I think.

Carrara EnvironKit - Underwater Realms is a fun way to begin underwater adventures in Carrara using a bit of a different approach - using the atmosphere of the Realistic Sky, rather than colors in lights, to create the underwater blue effect. It comes with some really cool new terrain pieces and groups of 'bubbles' emitters that utilize directional forces built into each scene. Some scene comes with the "Rays of Light" special effect seen in the promos.

But my whole store is on sale for the day, being my PA Sale Day ;)

Congratuations Darkanbeck!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Thanks all! :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Congratulations! I have your woodlands kit and really enjoy it. I hope the serial number snafu doesn't affect Carrara-related sales, or at least that Daz extends your PA showcase period if it isn't resolved quickly, today.

• scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Dartanbeck. The sun shines when you're here.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited September 2013

No C8 specific plants that I could see, so unless you use sunbeams or fast mip-mapping it could work in C7.2. Do you know if it does?

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited September 2013

EDIT:
    No, the terrain pieces do not use Fast Mip-Map.
    This was made using Carrara 8.1 - and no GodRays

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

Thanks you guys... yeah, what a day for me to have my PA Day, right? The day that Carrara 8.5 goes dark round the world!
    I'm going back to bed! LOL

• Max TurladMax Turlad Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

This man is my father! :-)

Congratulations Dart.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited December 1969

I was hoping, based on the format, they would keep Carrara specific PA's together....cause yes, I am a cheapskate. Congrats on your PA sale, hope it works well for ya!

• Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
    edited December 1969

Very low price for all the work put in. Even for one scene it would be cheap (price-wise).

I like especially the "abuse" of the instances-panel for instructions; great idea.

FURB said:
    I'm going to hang off on this till I see some renders from other users. The promos look too dark for me.

With the instructions included it's easy to adjust the brightness; no reason to hang off on this.

Even if I don't know if or when I ever need an underwater scenery this new environment is a highly recommended buy. (And I guess the other one, too, didn't checked out now because those 1,2 GB of the woodlands take a while to download ...)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Going into my cart now... :)

Maybe you'll get more than one day though? Because it looks like you were included as part of the Underwater Products grouping, not just as a specific artist, so maybe there will still be another day during the sale where you're included not as part of a theme, but just as a PA artist.

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Just ridiculously cool!
    I'm thinking great alien landscapes in this too!

• kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

Got it! - Can't wait to play with yet another great product from Dartanbeck.

• waxfin_c9ea3eab69waxfin_c9ea3eab69 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

thanks Dart, another great Job, you da man :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 1969

because Dart made it I had to buy it even though I had no undersea plans.

edited December 1969

because Dart made it I had to buy it even though I had no undersea plans.

I did the same as well!

edited December 1969

What am I going to do with the lot of you?
    Now I'm all steamy! I tried responding to this (and several others) thread last night to, once again, thank you all for your wonderful words and support! :)
    The forum simply would not have it, though. I tried logging out and back in many times...
    No worries though. Probably meant that Jared was messing around with the wires to make things better in the long run. He does that stuff, you know! :)

Well thank you for all of your positive energy, kind words and support :)

edited December 1969

What am I going to do with the lot of you?

Make some more fantastic products that we can buy and use!