Please - get more "oriental"!

Some examples of outfits that I would like to buy:

Afficher l’image source

Afficher l’image source

The outfits would be versatile, they would cover a long historical period. Warriors,guards, pirates, robbers. Usable from the 15th to the 20th century.....

Comments

• Some more

Afficher l’image source

• As much as i would love to see this clothes...they aren't easy to make...i assume.In the first pic. it looks more Middle East/Mongolian type.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

As "theforceunleashed" said, making such costumes would be time consuming and require a high level of skill. On the other hand, the market is likely to be small. The most likely scenario for such items being placed in the DAZ shop is if a PA has a personal interest in such costumes and has already made them or is willing to invest the time to do so. The PA would also have to decide for which generation of character to make them. In any case, good luck in your search.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,419
    edited October 2018

For Europeans (or maybe only Germans) all these outfits are 'oriental'. US Americans call it the 'Middle East', but to us it is the 'Near East'; what they call 'oriental' is 'far eastern' for us. Sometimes this can lead to confusion. And yes, I would like to see these outfits, too! laugh

Post edited by caravelle on
  • I was recently looking for 'exotic' and ethnic costumes, though mostly for males, and I was very surprised to find so many for M4 & V4 (which I don't or extremely rarely use) yet hardly anything for Genesis 1-8. I'm surprised there isn't a greater demand for the 'exotic' while - to me - there seems to be a ludicrously high demand for female fantasy and sci-fi action outfits which totally impractically include high or stiletto heels! laugh What's that about?! surprise I'm a writer of the latter genres and I've used Daz for creating some of my characters, but there's nothing on this site which even comes close to the costumes I need, in part  because so much in the Daz store is sort of OTT and so often impractical, particularly for outdoor wear.

•  M4 & V4 (which I don't or extremely rarely use) yet hardly anything for Genesis 1-8. 

Yep, I noticed this phenomenon too. Daz3D is an excellent tool but full of contradictions.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,960

It's the nature of the market. The vast majority want sexy ladies.

I'm just thankful there exists stuff beyond that at all.