I love Carrara 8.5

JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
edited September 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Experimenting with the Carrara 8.5 Pro update using DAZ Millennium Horse 2 and Forest Superior.
Thanks for looking.

See a stereoscopic 3D version on 3dvisionlive.com here!

forest02.jpg
960 x 540 - 389K
Post edited by Joepingleton on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Very nice!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Speaking of loving Carrara 8.5, I'm really liking their selection for bonus content. The two Major Pro Packs coming with Pro is such an amazing pile of gear to throw at Genesis with our new ability to use it. Genesis 2 comes with that basic set of clothes? I have no idea how that got there - but it's there. I like how the promo looks where the have the V5 and M5 kits that come with along with the .5 logo... It hits me just right.

I already had the V5 Pro bundle, but not M5. Wow is that ever some great material in there... both of them! Great start... and I'm glad that I had the confidence all along (what can I say beside what I always say? The Software Development staff at DAZ 3D are Genius!) to go ahead invest in the Genesis items that I knew I'd like. I did really watc the collection grow that much, as I was busy working. But now that I demanded upon myself to go entirely DIM automated, I'm seeing the loads of great shapes and materials, clothes, hair and poses - even animations. Admittedly, I haven't tried it yet. But when I bought the Generation Three shape sets for Genesis, I also bought some actual Generation 3 clothing that I've always wished would get remade for gen 4 and it never did. Now, an entire generation later - I can have it! It's just a very exciting time we're living in - being able to freely wander through those back rooms of the DAZ warehouse and pick up some really, REALLY cool items and cloth up Genesis.

A note about Genesis 2, Although some things cannot be auto-fit to her, like thigh-high boots and such, Hair and a lot of clothes actually work beautifully - even through "UNSUPPORTED" is the only choice I have right now for figure compatibility.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Great render

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited September 2013

Thanks for the nice comments.

Another quick experiment with DAZ Studio Content in Carrara 8.5 Pro.
    Thanks for looking.

See a stereoscopic 3D version on 3dvisionlive.com here!

forest03.jpg
    960 x 540 - 398K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • stijillstijill Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My co worker who uses 3D studio can't create models as fast as I can. It gets the job done.