Down to earth

andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
edited October 2018 in Product Suggestions

OK. I admit, I'm grumpy today. I thought I had the simplest task of my life; some shots of my actors when they sit in an international flight........ The most banal thing in the world. A simple vignette would do: One-two rows of seats, a vaulted wall with one-two portholes, the luggage compartment on the ceiling - voilà! 

Afficher l’image source

Have I missed a new fashion? Can all people afford super luxury private jets today for their travels? There is a whole selection of airplanes on Daz3D..... I easily accepted buying a whole plane for a simple  indoor shooting ;-) ! A long story cut short: I was looking for half the night, I could find planes with super luxury bars, bedrooms, even bathtubs...... but I can not find a single product with a reasonably credible seat to represent a scheduled flight! Does anyone have an idea or do I have to go "photoshop-fake" it?

Post edited by andreretogasser on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Normal and down to earth are boring, so high class and luxury items sell.

this could probably work https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/aircraft-interior-3d-model/1039839

there are a few others on here depending on your needs and cost

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/airplane-interior?sort_column=a5&sort_order=asc

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited October 2018

Thanks!

I'm not a super computer graphic artist, I use this software here mainly because I only have limited time (and therefore know-how) for the graphic aspects of my projects ..... forgive me this - probably stupid - question: 

Will this product work in the DAZ Studio?

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited October 2018

FSMCDesigns said:

Normal and down to earth are boring, so high class and luxury items sell.

I can only speak for myself: High class and luxury - if they are everywhere and without alternative - are at least as boring as normal and down to earth. Is it not one of the definitions of art to make everyday things special?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Thanks!

I'm not a super computer graphic artist, I use this software here mainly because I only have limited time (and therefore know-how) for the graphic aspects of my projects ..... forgive me this - probably stupid - question: 

Will this product work in the DAZ Studio?

If it comes in .OBJ format, as most do there, then you can just import it and then reapply the textures, tweak them and you should be good.

• Thank you ver much indeed!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937
    edited October 2018

...here's a not too expensive plane model based on a "real world" airliner that has a tourist class interior.  Even has the loo.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=97670

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Thank you ver much indeed!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

The gal might have a lot more leg room if she sat up in her seat...but is that a real plane? I don't recall leg room like that unless one gets lucky and someone invites you into 1st  Class (seems invitations like that must be a perk frequent flyers in 1st Class get).