Looking for a large English country estate

2»

Comments

• Googling I was surprised no Turbosquid jaw dropping priced version of thd Burghley House, in fact none anywhere even though they have virtual tours, countless drone videos and no shortage of images, even the floor plans.

No 3D warehouse model even, and streeview does not get near it to make one in Sketchup.

Looking I don't think it would be too hard to knock up the facia though from castle bits and add some of those various DAZ original spires and roof toppers

Most probably none have been authorized by the owners - Using a recognizable building without permission is pretty much the same as using a recognizable person without their permission. But, just like other recognizable things, you can make something closely "inspired by" the thing in question. 

• I love the idea of a whole series in this vein... Outside, inside, furniture gardens, maybe even wardrobe.  It'd either have to be a group colaborating on it, though, or one person is going to spend an awful lot of time on it. There are parts of it that would be fairly easy (though time consuming) for me, and other parts where I'd have to do a year's worth of tutorials and RTFM just to get to the point where I could start practicing meaningfully. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 2018

nevermind the out of propotion tree on BG image

add some spires

inspired by (no pun intended)

Blenworth divinity toppers other shaders.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • video

• video

This forum needs a "like" button. :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937
    edited January 2019

...interesting kitbash.  

BTW Belnworth itself is inspired by Waterloo Block in London which was built in 1845 and originally a barracks  for soldiers (hence the "fortress like" appearance).  Today is an administrative office building as well as home to the Crown Jewels.

The second image in your post a bit above would be more indicative of the eccentric style of how I would envision the Grande Manor looking.  The larger windows actually fit more with some of the various interior sets I have like Baroque Grandeur, the ballroom, The Study etc. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 354
    edited January 2019
    If youre still looking for an elaborate manor, i stumbled upon this while browsing for a fancy library building on rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/neuschwanstein-castle---for-daz-studio-/123144/ Dont know if it was already suggested, but there is also a castle construction kit:https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/castle-construction-kit-2012/92096/
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    If youre still looking for an elaborate manor, i stumbled upon this while browsing for a fancy library building on rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/neuschwanstein-castle---for-daz-studio-/123144/ Dont know if it was already suggested, but there is also a castle construction kit:https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/castle-construction-kit-2012/92096/

Ohhh! That castle is cool. While I was looking at that, I found this Fortified Manor by VanishingPoint. It comes with Iray materials, and "the Manor House dining room includes a fireplace, a table, and 4 chairs, all of which are separate parts which can be repositioned or hidden/ shown." There are no pics of the interior.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937

...The Grande Manor is not a castle. It is an elegant if not somewhat eccentric country estate similar to the different images I've posted previously here.  What I am looking for is something more like from the Elizabethan (16th century) to the Victorian era (mid - late 19th century).  This encompasses the Jacobean, Queen Anne, Palladian, Georgian and Regency.eras of architecture as well as the French Renaissance Revival style which also enjoyed some popularity.