Carrara 8.5 Pro Win64

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Carrara 8.5 Pro Win64

Used the DIM to install everything but none of the new content can be located. Can someone please tell me how to get carrara to access the new content?

Thanks.

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

you can add the root directory which you installed the "contents" by DIM,
    so that you need to clear understand where you install those contents. (how you set DIM )

in Carrara Asemble room (top right area, click hand mark )> browser>contents section.
    if those files are DSON files or poser (cr2) files I think, it can be shown .
    ds dsa, dsb, can not be shown. or I have not known the way.

about poser files, there is tutorial,
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/carrara/beginningsetup/beginning_setupc8
    how to add the runtime to Carrara 8.0 pro.

it is almost same,but you need not set runtime directory,
    select root ds content directory (mylibrary etc) where you install ds contents by DIM.

I think without running cms , contents tab can serch files. (but I do not know and I have not checked)

about smart contents pane, all items need to be set meta-data. and running CMS
    to serch and show files in Carrara . I think.

But I am new bee about Carrara, so that other user soon help you I hope.

• edited December 1969

I reinstalled carrara 8.5 content and now it can load the new content.

I am upgrading to an SSD very soon and want to do a clean install. I would also like to store my content on a secondary drive to save space on the SSD. Is this possible using the DIM or will it cause problems?

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Very possible with DIM. Check out the DIM user guide. It will tell you how to change the location that DIM installs content to:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/userguide/configure_install_manager/tutorials/settings_for_install_manager/start

• edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Very possible with DIM. Check out the DIM user guide. It will tell you how to change the location that DIM installs content to:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/userguide/configure_install_manager/tutorials/settings_for_install_manager/start

OK Looks like that would be the Set up your Download and Install Locations I'm hoping that getting this set up right and then installing everything will make things more organized.

Thanks!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Also, deselecting "Delete After Installing" in the Ready to Install tab, will leave the .zip files safely in the following location by default:
    Public Documents > DAZ 3D > Install Manager > Downloads

Great for folks like us, whom like to save copies of stuff! :)

If you leave those .zip files in that same location, and uninstall one of those products, that product will then show up in the "Ready to Install" tab, ready to install, without downloading.

Otherwise, if you move the files, you can obtain the same result by copying them back into that location from your back-up disc.

Really pretty slick.

You say you're updating to an SSD... see, whenever I upgrade drives, I use my replaced drives for further backup storage ;)
    I have quite the collection going!

• edited December 1969

Also, deselecting "Delete After Installing" in the Ready to Install tab, will leave the .zip files safely in the following location by default:
    Public Documents > DAZ 3D > Install Manager > Downloads

Great for folks like us, whom like to save copies of stuff! :)

If you leave those .zip files in that same location, and uninstall one of those products, that product will then show up in the "Ready to Install" tab, ready to install, without downloading.

Otherwise, if you move the files, you can obtain the same result by copying them back into that location from your back-up disc.

Really pretty slick.

You say you're updating to an SSD... see, whenever I upgrade drives, I use my replaced drives for further backup storage ;)
    I have quite the collection going!

Good tip!

I hope to do the clean install over the coming weekend.