Stupid Newbie - Give Me A Nudge

OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I had Carrara 8 already, but wasn't getting much mileage out of it. I upgraded to 8.5pro, determined to finally try to make a go of it. I seem to have forgotten elementary things. This is on a Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) system.

Everything seems to have installed without problem, and the license issues got sorted out before I installed. So no problems there. I installed Carrara and native content. The content tabs include 'smart content' and it does see my CMS-installed products for Studio. I double-clicked Michael 5, and he appeared, along with a directional light. Good. I hit the Render keystroke, and... it kept rendering Michael over and over, apparently generating a .mov animation. Um? I don't remember it doing that before.

How do I get a still frame?

Also - the 'realistic sky' icons do not show the skies. They are all basicallly alike with a white sky. I have had this problem going back to C8. It must be something odd with my install, not the product, but I would welcome a hint.

Really, I'm not this stupid most of the time.

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited December 1969

In the render room, go to the output tab on the right. Under the file format section, tick of current frame, and set preferred file format. Then it shouldn't render out the whole "animation"