Quality Realistic Business Clothes

The business clothing I see available looks too cartoony, sterile, and stiff. I really can use business suits and clothes that look real in close up shots. And business skirts that go below the knees, not a black sexy mini skirt. Daz is so heavily slanted toward fantasy art but there is much potential for commercial applications if products were available. Is it maybe me? Current products available are realistic if I knew how to utilize the software better?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Care to clarify more on the "potential for commercial applications" part?

I do agree that for closeup realism, not many products in the store, especially business wear hold up well. dforce is a great step forward to basic drapes, but most of the folds in dforce clothing are not refined or detailed enough for realism.

Since daz studio is hobbyist software and more for posing and rendering, not creating, if you need commercial grade results you might start with maya, zbrush or see if marvelous designer could do what you need.

• I can't imagine muchf commercial potential, but I'd like to see something a bit more detailed than the few items available for story telling.  

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

One example of what I do is to have a businessman sitting at an office desk in the middle of a forest. Concepts are endless.

I can do this with live models but the limitation with that is you can only work with the photographs you've taken. A 3D figure means you can pose them as desired whenever you have new ideas.

But realism counts. Some of the work here is stunning for reality-quality but scantily clad women slaying dragons do not sell, at least in the markets I'm involved with.

I use Photoshop to mix Daz renders with real photographs and when it's done well, it can be amazing how well real and almost-real blend together.

However, if you start with something that's cartoony and fake, the end result is cartoony and fake.