Requested Gallery Features

The present gallery system allows the following:

1)      Upload images

2)      Disable all comments from all users.

3)      Remove one, some or all comments associated to a single image.

New proposed changes

Controlling feedback

1)      A daz user may block one or more other daz users from making comments on their image.

2)      A daz user may prevent one or more other daz users from thumbing up their image.

Clarification: A daz user may not prevent other daz users from viewing the image. Once the image is posted it may be seen by all. So, no change here.

Clarification: The blocking is not a per image basis. It becomes a blacklist. These users are forbidden to comment on my image. They can view it, but my blacklist won’t allow them to comment whereas those not on my blacklist may comment on it.

Controlling what I want to see in the gallery

1)      As a daz user viewing the gallery, I may create a blacklist for self, of other daz users that I don’t want to see at all in the gallery. In other words, you are allowing personalization.

Clarification: This doesn’t prevent an image from being posted or viewed in general. By default, all images may be viewed, until the web logic sees my blacklist and which point it removes the said artist(s) sends me my personalized default view

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Another thing I would like to see in the gallery, is a way to favorite some select images. There is times I absolutely love a image, and want to go and look at it again. But at that point can't find it (least not easily), than it would be nice to have a list/gallery of favorites to go to. Hope that made sense.. I haven't had much coffee today :)

• Carola O said:

Another thing I would like to see in the gallery, is a way to favorite some select images. There is times I absolutely love a image, and want to go and look at it again. But at that point can't find it (least not easily), than it would be nice to have a list/gallery of favorites to go to. Hope that made sense.. I haven't had much coffee today :)

There's no way to mark an image as a favourite, over and above ones which you "like." But you can browse your liked images by going here: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#?sort=my_likes

If there are images that you want to really highlight, I guess you just have to bookmark them in your browser.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I know there isn't a way to favorite, but I added my wish to have that added. And using the "like" button as a favorite kind of thing is not something I would want to do. I have Liked far more images than I would want to favorite, simply cause they have been well made or have had something I really liked in them (such as telling a story etc), but that doesn't mean I would want to make them favorites. 

If I should use the Like button as a way to sort my Favorites, I would have to stop giving out likes even though an image deserve one. Something that seems wrong to me

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    jaxprog said:

Controlling feedback

1)      A daz user may block one or more other daz users from making comments on their image.

2)      A daz user may prevent one or more other daz users from thumbing up their image.

Clarification: A daz user may not prevent other daz users from viewing the image. Once the image is posted it may be seen by all. So, no change here.

Clarification: The blocking is not a per image basis. It becomes a blacklist. These users are forbidden to comment on my image. They can view it, but my blacklist won’t allow them to comment whereas those not on my blacklist may comment on it.

I really can't see this as being in any way productive or fostering community. If you don't have thick enough skin for what someone might say negatively on your images, then you probably either should disable comments or not post in the first place. If a user is really out of line, then get a mod to step in.

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    jaxprog said:

Controlling feedback

I really can't see this as being in any way productive or fostering community. If you don't have thick enough skin for what someone might say negatively on your images, then you probably either should disable comments or not post in the first place. If a user is really out of line, then get a mod to step in.

I don't know about that. I'm very active on the gallery and people delete a lot of my comments. If we had the features l suggest then these people could just turn me off and I couldn't bother them.

How may comments do you make on the gallery to test your hypothesis?