Medieval/fantasy Bedrooms.

Any ideas of Bedrooms that would work for Medieval age? Must be compatible for Gen 8 as i dont want to put a crappy deco on Gen 8. Thank you.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited October 2018

besides the broadness of that request, straw peasants bed in a hovel, royal ticking with silk sheets and embroidered canopies, it's a prop so how can it not be compatible with Gen 8, and it's medieval so invariably crappy decor!

store search should yield piles of them BTW

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Compatible image not really props and such. 

https://www.daz3d.com/medieval-tower-bedroom

Besides this which looks more royal than common... I can't put a normal person there... i wouldn't put him in a stable as well.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

these two perhaps might be of use https://www.daz3d.com/castle-room   https://www.daz3d.com/medieval-interior You would need to use iray shader on them if you don't render in 3delight. I have one of them and it's quite usable in my opinion. If yo uwant something newer than look into the MICK sets (I have some of those, and they are really good)

• You might need to kit-bash. It depends how fancy you want to be, and how strictly medieval - this isn't over-elaborate, it would probably pass for Hollywood medieval at least https://www.daz3d.com/tudor-living-2 and then you could use almost any fantasy room as the the surround.

• I heard that Mick's set has some light issues... 

middle-ages-peasant-578413a35f9b5831b502f337.jpg
    950 x 648 - 69K
    052f5d70fb473eae5b9be9b1eb1b3ac9.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 840K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

It has? I hadn't heard that, havent' experienced it myself either. But than I rarely use the light a product come with, usually use my own light when/if I can. If you ahven't already, you may want to check out Merlin's products too, he has lot of nice medieval products including this one - https://www.daz3d.com/medieval-merchants-house-bundle 

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

I have the MICK set, and I got no light issues whatsover. And since you can pretty much create the rooms one by one, its very versatile. I think have the full bundle with some excellent props. I have seen some original medieval bedding, but I can't remember where. Hopefully it will come to mind later.

• There's a bedroom in the Medieval Merchant's House (currently 50% off with a new release)that might be suitable, also there's the Medieval Interior. Actually, the medieval interior makes a point - most ordinary people in the middle ages didn't have bedrooms, they just had all purpose living/sleeping/eating rooms. Only the most high status people would have any kind of private accommodation.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,960

Not super helpful, but thanks for some of the links in this thread. Filling up wishlist. ;)

• Some more links for you Will...

Village Bedroom - You'd have to find some less modern-looking furniture, but the room looks suitably medieval. The best cottage interior that I've found.

MICK Bedroom - Expensive, but would work as a high-status bedchamber in a castle. Faveral is king of the medieval, consider his Opus Magnum (with a change of furniture) too.

Fantasy Hovel - Hardly a hovel - I think it's supposed to be Bag End. It has a bedroom. If you're PC+ you'll have got this in this week's freebie bundle.

Medieval Hall and Garden - Has some basic interiors that you could furnish as a bedroom, but again it's perhaps a bit grand. The glazing looks rather too modern for my taste. Cheap if you're PC+

• Dont get me wrong some of them are good but mostly of them are very old...when you put a gen 3 or 8 model...it looks like a ferrari in a stable...

We have so many contemporary interiors and exteriors and so few fantasy/medieval or even SF...and i mean from bedroom to pretty much everything where people could gather around.

• There are various Iray material sets that could be used to improve the look.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,960

Iray material sets help a lot, and also I know how to texture pretty well for stuff that is more fiddly (like you want AO and dull corners and whatnot)

I have half of those, Chris, the other half... mmm!

Next paycheck, maybe. Heh

• Dont get me wrong some of them are good but mostly of them are very old...when you put a gen 3 or 8 model...it looks like a ferrari in a stable...

Modelling is hard. Or at least it's a skill that I don't (yet) have, so I think it's hard. If there are people out there who have done the work of stitching all the polygons together, I'm glad to have the end result. If the products concerned are old, they may also be cheap (or at least come up in sales).

Applying new shaders to old surfaces is easy - just takes a few clicks. Tinkering with existing surface settings isn't difficult, and even generating whole new textures in a graphic program is not too hard - especially if you're only trying to recreate rough plaster, crude woodwork and some scruffy homespun fabrics. A good thick grunge layer can cover a multitude of sins!

Sure I'd love a PA to read this thread and be inspired to produce a range of commoners' medieval interiors. But till that day comes, I'll use what's available now and upgrade it myself where necessary. Arguably that's a more creative and rewarding process than just slotting together pre-built content anyway.

Here's another place to look - there's a vendor on Renderosity called Dante78 who has a ton of inexpensive medieval buildings, many of which have basic interiors. He's currently having a 50% off sale too!

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 354
    edited October 2018
    Renderocity also has a ton of medieval products, especially peasant dwellings. Tesla3dcorp shop here on daz3d also sets such as knights guest hall https://www.daz3d.com/knight-guest-hall that can perhaps be modified into an upper calss bedroom.
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on