Store pages have fallen in quality - suggestions

Ok, I hate to say it, but the store pages I really believe have fallen in quality lately; what's worse, as near as I can tell, it's done to increase sales.

For example:

• Attractive (usually female) characters who's renders are always done with hair, sexy clothing, etc. You really can't see the entire shape of their face, their eyebrows, etc.
  • Renders of people and objects that don't have a 'clay' render uploaded. You never really know what you're getting; is it just fantastic textures or are the models well detailed so you can use your own textures?
  • What kind of UV mapping is there? I about lost it when I found out some of the DAZ3D characters of the same generation have DIFFERENT UV MAPS. (please correct me if I'm wrong).
  • Promotional images showing fantastic clothing or scenes; when you click on the promotion, you can't find any listing of that object. So you're trying to buy something that doesn't exist. A simple filling in of "This product includes:" EVEN IF IT MEANS LINKS OFF SITE.

If it DOES include links off site (particularly for character bundles), I really think this should be discouraged by DAZ3D when the posting is done; should be an author guideline. "All promotional and product images should have mostly objects that are available at DAZ3D. Where this is not possible, especially for characters, the main clothing on the character should be DAZ only AND have a link in "This product includes".

Something like that - and enforcement.

Sorry for the rant (well, not really). I do apologize if this has been addressed! I tried searching, but search (like everywhere) is so loose I didn't get many applicable hits.

== John ==

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

This is not exactly a product suggestion.  It also not anything that can be dealt with by the forum members.

Your best bet is to contact Daz3d directly if you feel strongly about this. You can do this by filing a support ticked and citing general feedback as the relevant dept.  You can file a ticket by clicking on Contact Us, which is availabe at the bottom of every page on the site, and also under "Help" on the top bar when you are in the forums.

• The UV thing got ridiculous with Genesis 3. Every new Daz character had a new UV. Thankfully, they seem to have already stopped doing that with Genesis 8.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I agree and disagree. I think seldom before has DAZ itself made so many daring choices to support non-fashion model figures such as Alexandra, Floyd, Mabel, etc. I commend them for this. These are high quality models and I appreciate the packages that come with them.

PA's can be less daring as they only have so much time and that time has to produce a wave of money that will sustain them til the next product so i cannot blame them for trying to make items that they will believe will sell well such as the Yapawgs and Yapawbs we see produced on a daily basis (Yet ANother Pretty, Athletic White Girl/Boy, respectively) I can't blame them. They need money to pay bills so you make what sells.

The differing UV thing only bothers me if it is not clearly listed in the product. i mix UV's sometimes and not having them clearly marked is a pain but they usually are.