Wouldn't it be cool in DAZ if...

In the scene tab, you could select multiple items in the Scene Tab, Lock them, unlock them, Make them Invisible and Visible as well as make multple selectable or unselectable?

:)

Just a thought.

Comments

• RKane_1 said:

In the scene tab, you could select multiple items in the Scene Tab, Lock them, unlock them, Make them Invisible and Visible as well as make multple selectable or unselectable?

:)

Just a thought.

Yes, which is why you can - the settings in the Parameters pane should apply to all selected items. If not open the pane's option menu and make sure that Consolidate Properties is check and Display Separate items is not checked.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited October 2018

learn something new every day. :)

Thanks, Richard! :)

Does it still keep them as separately selectable items?

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,698
    edited October 2018

I use the toolsettings for this as you can also use it to select, (un)hide and (re)name items or parts of it. You can find it under tools=>geometry editor and then there's a tool pane. Since I figured it out, I'm using it almost on a daily base!

Post edited by Sylvan on

Thanks guys! I will have to look at those settings when I get home! Thank you so much. I have a feeling my workflow is going to change for the better. :)

Huh... I still was not able to select multiple selections in the SCENE tab  and make them invisibleafter doing as you said selecting those items in the PARAMETERS TAB. What did I do wrong, Richard?

I did specifically saying having that functionality in the SCENE tab. You did say that was possible, right? I am sorry I must not be understanding something.

How do I do it all in the SCENE tab?

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    RKane_1 said:

Huh... I still was not able to select multiple selections in the SCENE tab  and make them invisibleafter doing as you said selecting those items in the PARAMETERS TAB. What did I do wrong, Richard?

I did specifically saying having that functionality in the SCENE tab. You did say that was possible, right? I am sorry I must not be understanding something.

How do I do it all in the SCENE tab?

If I want to hide evrything in one go, I group the objects first. Dont think you can do multiple select and hide...

• Select in the Scene tab, then click the Visible button in the Parameters pane (under Display)

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited October 2018

Wait a sec, here I have a screenshot in my collection for these settings. Had explained this before not just once. Have it on by default, recently found that it sometimes makes sense to turn off Consolidate Properties if you have several DFormers influencing the item and you want to turn down some of them individualy or even rename them.

Parameters_ConsolidateProperties_1.png Syrus Style

@ -Niko-

Don't confuse the Geometry Visibility with the Node Visible property. The same eye icon is used in the Scene and the Tool Settings pane but those are two completly different settings. Unlike Node Visible settings, Geometry Visibility will not get saved in the scene file, reloading the scene will make all visible again. You could create a Selection Set to quickly hide parts of the geometry you don't want to see but its meant for to temporary hide stuff for editing. In a figure with bones the Face Groups associated with the bones gets hidden with Node Visible.

@ RKane_1

Lock and Unlock related actions can also be found numberous times in the Action List. I broad everything together in my main menu Un-Lock. You can (Un)Lock the selected properties or the selected node(s). But I found that some actions don't work.

MainMenuActions_Un-Lock_1.png
    225 x 317 - 7K
    Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
    edited October 2018

Select in the Scene tab, then click the Visible button in the Parameters pane (under Display)

Aah... so not all in the Scene tab as I had originally asked. 

Then let me reiterate:

Wouldn't it be cool in DAZ if...In the scene tab, you could select multiple items in the Scene Tab, Lock them, unlock them, Make them Invisible and Visible as well as make multple selectable or unselectable?

And I suppose I will now add for clarity... WITHOUT GOING to another window.

Control all of that from the SCENE TAB only.

That is what I want.

Thanks. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited October 2018

Maybe there is a way to bring the actions that you miss into the Scene pane right-click menu with the Window > Workspace > Customize dialogue. At least I have found that you can add actions to the Scene pane Options Menu. Drag and drop them from left to right thats it. If you assign shortcuts you don't have to click on an menu somewhere. For example I have assigned Ctrl+Shift+E to the action Expand From Selected in the Scene pane, that saves me fom navigating to the Expand > Expand From Selected sub-menu.

Have a look at my thread: How to Customize Daz Studio - to speed up Workflow!? [WIP]

Customize_ScenePaneMenu_1.png
    616 x 638 - 32K
    Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,698

@Syrus_Dante I know that hiding faces won't be saved :) I should elaborate. I select the geometry, hide it and either delete it, or unhide it. Whatever I need. Perhaps not entriely what OP asked for, but I thought I would mention it anyway ;)

-Niko- said:

@Syrus_Dante I know that hiding faces won't be saved :) I should elaborate. I select the geometry, hide it and either delete it, or unhide it. Whatever I need. Perhaps not entriely what OP asked for, but I thought I would mention it anyway ;)

No, I do appreciate new information, Niko. I was just hoping in the future DAZ could make it all something someone can choose and execute from the Scene tab in the future.

Thank you for all your help all. :)