Using Homo Erectus

RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Can someone please tell me how to get the Homom Erectus morphs loaded?

They don't seem to be normal mophs - all that happens when I inject is a brief flash at the top of the screen where it normally shows something being loaded, then nothing happens. I get the Poser mats to load onto M4, but that;s about it.

Is it actually a straight M4 morph, or is it a morph on maybe M4 Genesis?

Cheers :)

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Can someone please tell me how to get the Homom Erectus morphs loaded?

They don't seem to be normal mophs - all that happens when I inject is a brief flash at the top of the screen where it normally shows something being loaded, then nothing happens. I get the Poser mats to load onto M4, but that;s about it.

Is it actually a straight M4 morph, or is it a morph on maybe M4 Genesis?

Cheers :)

The only Homo Erectus morphs that I could get to work were for V4.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

It's on my todo list to figure out why some morphs don't work in Carrara, there's probably a workaround that doesn't involve other programs. However I don't currently have any version of Carrara installed so it'll have to wait.

edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    It's on my todo list to figure out why some morphs don't work in Carrara, there's probably a workaround that doesn't involve other programs. However I don't currently have any version of Carrara installed so it'll have to wait.

I've wanted to see what the issue with the H-erectus morphs for M4 is for awhile, but I usually get sidetracked or have something else that I want to do more.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Thanks, guys - some progress - at least I now know that it is a Gen4 morph and I'm not alone in my efforts :)

EP, did you do any special/unusual steps to get it to work with V4?

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Thanks, guys - some progress - at least I now know that it is a Gen4 morph and I'm not alone in my efforts :)

I followed a thread about it when it first came out. I followed the steps in the thread and immediately saved it to my Objects browser. I didn't bookmark the thread, but I know it was after the switch to the new forum software, so it should be around still.

• kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited September 2013

Roygee said:

I followed a thread about it when it first came out. I followed the steps in the thread and immediately saved it to my Objects browser. I didn't bookmark the thread, but I know it was after the switch to the new forum software, so it should be around still.

For V4, the Homo Erectus Inject File (.pz2) is missing the quotation marks on the second line:

readScript :Runtime:Libraries:Morphs:Mec4D:Homo Erectus V4:shev4.InjDeltas.pz2

change the above to be:

readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:Morphs:Mec4D:Homo Erectus V4:shev4.InjDeltas.pz2"

Save the file.

It will then work when you apply it to V4.

The same change is needed for the Remove file as well.

I have just tested this in C8.5 and it works.

I have not checked yet, but I imagine the same correction is need for M4 and K4.

Post edited by kakman on
    edited September 2013

Remove duplicate post.

Post edited by kakman on
    edited September 2013

Huh. I don't recall editing the file in a text editor. I'll have to go back and try injecting the V4 morphs again to try and jog my memory.

Thanks for the info. I may be able to get the M4 version working because of your workaround. Thanks!

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

kakman said:
    Roygee said:

For V4, the Homo Erectus Inject File (.pz2) is missing the quotation marks on the second line:

readScript :Runtime:Libraries:Morphs:Mec4D:Homo Erectus V4:shev4.InjDeltas.pz2

change the above to be:

readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:Morphs:Mec4D:Homo Erectus V4:shev4.InjDeltas.pz2"

Save the file.

It will then work when you apply it to V4.

The same change is needed for the Remove file as well.

I have just tested this in C8.5 and it works.

I have not checked yet, but I imagine the same correction is need for M4 and K4.

The Kids 4 files are already correct - no changes needed, I just checked using C8.5.

The M4 file is quite different. It is trying to load several files by body part. I can not get that one to work and I am not sure what the problem is - yet.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119

_And in Carrara 7 Pro _seems also be this trouble