Question on adding my Frequently Used Shader Folder in C8.5P

Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I’m just wondering where I should place my frequently used shaders folder from C8.1P to C8.5P, I would like to have separate or two copies of these shaders just in case I need to changed them for C8.5P. I’m asking because I can’t find the preset folder like C8.1P has. Also I can’t find the folders for the preset items (shaders) in C8.5P so I can rearrange the Browser to the order that works best for me.

Thanks,

Comments

• gaffer2gaffer2 Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

on my pc carrara crated a file in my documents called Daz 3d under it a fle carrara 8.5 under that the file my presets in there is a file my presets then my shaders

• Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177
    edited December 1969

gaffer2 said:
    on my pc carrara crated a file in my documents called Daz 3d under it a fle carrara 8.5 under that the file my presets in there is a file my presets then my shaders

Gaffer2, on my pc I have the same setup but it's not what I'm really looking for because when I look into the shader folder it just has 2 files Infos & InfosFR (text files) but I'm looking for where the actual shaders data files are kept.

the infos file just reads " {
    name "My Shaders"
    } "

• gaffer2gaffer2 Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

open carrara create a shader give it a weird name save it to my shaders . then go to the file we are disscussing it will be there
    you should be able to place your other saved carrara shaders there and it seems to work for me:-)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Turk_WLF said:
    I’m just wondering where I should place my frequently used shaders folder from C8.1P to C8.5P, I would like to have separate or two copies of these shaders just in case I need to changed them for C8.5P. I’m asking because I can’t find the preset folder like C8.1P has. Also I can’t find the folders for the preset items (shaders) in C8.5P so I can rearrange the Browser to the order that works best for me.

Thanks,

Ahhh. You need to install "Carrara 8 Native Content" to your new Carrara 8.5 Pro.
    But after that, sure. If you have custom folders in your 8.1 installation that you'd like to use, copy them over to your Carrara 8.5 installation.

Now, like gaffer2 was saying, you can create a very nice custom library for storing your Carrara stuff to. Follow this link to read an article that I wrote to help you get started.

Yeah, but all of the preset goodies that comes with Carrara is in "Carrara 8 Native Content", including all of the wonderful Wizard elements. :)