Script for Batch Rendering IRAY Scene Files?

edited November 2018 in Product Suggestions

I posted this in the DAZ software discussion also, but has anyone written a script or a program that will allow you to batch render scene files in IRAY mode?  I know there is one that does this with 3D delight but I need IRAY.  This would really be helpful for comic creators that have a hundred or more scene files and some of them need to be re-rendered.

By the way, I have a script that works with billboard panels.  I'm not sure where I got it but I have a plugin that allows you to create a billboard of a scene or character.  Once you have done that you rotate the billboard 30 degrees or so and render a new image.  I created a batch file for Photoshop that creates alpha for each of these image.  Then you save your images in some directory for use.  My script will take the billboard you have selected in Studio and when it is run it switches the image and the alpho for the image to give the effect of the billboard rotatiing.  Whoever has a IRAY scene file batch program can have my script and Photoshop action file for free.  I am also willing to just pay for the batch rendering script!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• edited November 2018

Has anyone written a script of program that will batch render several scene files in IRAY?  I'd be willing to pay for such a script or program.  Sometimes when I am creating a new comic book, I get so taken up with the story, I don't check all the hands, feet, arms etc prior to rendering.  Many times I don't notice the mesh problems until I have submitted the comic for publication and the editor sends me a email with their criticizms.  I try to save each panel as a seperate scene file so I can fix them but it would speed things up if I could edit the scene files and then start a batch render when I am engaged in doing something else.  This way I could render over night or when I'm away from home.

Post edited by cheznous2029_28ab1adedc on
  • Moved to Product Suggestions as it is a post looking for a script, not discussing how to write one.

I'm a little confused by the second paragraph - is this a script you found, or a plyg-in you found for which you have written a script?

• Merged threads.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Hmm I use 3DL so not sure, but someone has mentioned it's working perfectly fine with Iray: https://www.daz3d.com/batch-render-for-daz-studio-4-and-rib

• edited November 2018

Moved to Product Suggestions as it is a post looking for a script, not discussing how to write one.

I'm a little confused by the second paragraph - is this a script you found, or a plyg-in you found for which you have written a script?

I don't know what the original product was called, it's a plug in and under my Create menu it at the bottom of the list "New IRAY Decal Node". There was a PDF file also that told how to use it.  So I create a decal, or bill board then I save the image adding a number and I start with 01.  I then rotate the decal 30 degrees and do the same thing, continuing until I have 10 images.  I load all these images into Photoshop and using the batch file I made I create a alpha version of each image and save those, adding "MAT" to the end of the file name but keeping the same numbering. Finally I save the original decal at position zero.  Now when I want to have a bunch of characters in my scene, I load one of these decals, use my script o rotate it to the orintation that I want and that's it.

I have to say tho that I don't use scripting very much and it took me a week or so to get my script working but it does the job.

I just found a script in another thread that I am going to try to see if it will detect collisions in my scene files.

Post edited by cheznous2029_28ab1adedc on
  • I have sent you a PM about the Iray batch rendering.

• Ah, Iray Decals are a core DS feature.

• I have sent you a PM about the Iray batch rendering.

I was able to download this, now to try it out with some real scene files

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Hmm I use 3DL so not sure, but someone has mentioned it's working perfectly fine with Iray: https://www.daz3d.com/batch-render-for-daz-studio-4-and-rib

I've used this since it first came out. I can confirm that it works fine with  both 3Delight and Iray renders.

Cheers,

Alex.