Has DAZ Install Manager for Mac been fixed yet?

scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Has DAZ Install Manager for Mac been fixed yet?

I know there was a problem with the DIM putting the Presets folder outside the Carrara application.
If it's not fixed yet, then when exactly?
Anyone have a clue?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

According to the Change Log it was fixed in build 1.0.1.86, so it looks like they made it the top priority.

• scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
    edited December 1969

fixmypcmike, just downloaded Dim. Still showing up as the old one DAZ3DIM_1.0.1.81_Mac32.
    Where can I find the new fixed one: DIM 1.0.1.86?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

It hasn't been released yet.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

fixmypcmike, just downloaded Dim. Still showing up as the old one DAZ3DIM_1.0.1.81_Mac32.
    Should be out Today. As for where to find it? After it is out, when you launch Install Manager it will update itself.
    edited December 1969

Should be out Today. As for where to find it? After it is out, when you launch Install Manager it will update itself. I apologize, we hit a slight snag, and since we don't put out software on Friday. Sorry about that.
    edited December 1969

Hoping to get the fixed one soon. Thanks for giving it priority. I imagine you folks are extremely busy.

edited December 1969

DAZ_Spooky, by the way what is "Install Manager Default Filters" listed in the downloads?

edited December 1969

DAZ_Spooky, by the way what is "Install Manager Default Filters" listed in the downloads?
    If installed it has some basic filters preset for you. Things like Pick all Carrara content. :) List only what I installed Today. Etc.
    edited September 2013

The Fix is live on the server. Running Install Manager should cause it to update. Once it does you can use Install Manager to quickly uninstall the content it improperly installed and re-install and everything should work correctly.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • TerritanTerritan Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

Thank you, DAZ_Spooky; the update went in okay.

The question of "uninstalling all incorrectly installed content" is a little scary because I have over three hundred pieces which went in. DIM seems to be up to the task, though. Fingers crossed. :)

Oh, and would you mind a future feature request for the DIM, please? A check-box one can tick to hide any content with the word "Legacy" in its title?

edited December 1969

DAZ_Spooky, thanks for the fix.

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807
    edited December 1969

Territan,

That's possible with the current version. You just have to do it manually. Type legacy in the search box. Then click the check box at the top to select all. Right click on on item. Select hide packages/all. They're gone.

Now that I've hidden all my legacy items, I'm not sure how to get them back. LOL

edited December 1969

Sigh.

Just discovered that the Carrara files get put in kind of okay (on the mac, the former complaint stands—oh god does the former complaint stand). But there's a new issue.

Mimic Pro for Carrara and Luxus for Mac (64-bit) both install to the wrong place. Rather than going into their proper places in the Carrara.app file, they essentially create another Carrara app within the Carrara.app file, and install there. I'm going into Zendesk to enter this next.

edited December 1969

Territan,

That's possible with the current version. You just have to do it manually. Type legacy in the search box. Then click the check box at the top to select all. Right click on on item. Select hide packages/all. They're gone.

Now that I've hidden all my legacy items, I'm not sure how to get them back. LOL

Thanks for that tip. Now allow me to return the favor:

There's a "Display Hidden" box next to the "Download Filters" button. Tick that, and you'll see all your hidden packages, greyed out.

Tick the check box next to "Products," and they'll all be selected.

Right-click on the Products header, and you'll see a menu option to unhide selected items.

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807
    edited December 1969

Awesome. Thanks. DIM is a lot more powerful than I thought. I'm going to have to play around with it more.

edited December 1969

If you installed the Install Manager Filters, you can select (Drop down from the search bar) Carrara content then uninstall those. Reinstalling them will put them in the right place, though I am going to have to look at the plug-ins that Territan mentioned.

• pj-2353997pj-2353997 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Latest doesnt work for me.
    -----
    Process: DAZ3DIM [14701]
    Path: /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZ3DIM1/DAZ3DIM.app/Contents/MacOS/DAZ3DIM
    Identifier: DAZ3DIM
    Version: ??? (???)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [73]

Interval Since Last Report: 155 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report: 3
    Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 3

Date/Time: 2013-09-21 10:48:07.090 -0600
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
    Report Version: 6
    Anonymous UUID: E71BFFC5-FAE7-46CB-BF68-CF6EF79EEE5C

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
    Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib
    Referenced from: /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZ3DIM1/DAZ3DIM.app/Contents/MacOS/../vcomponents/libvclient_fat_release.dylib
    Reason: image not found

----

Model: iMac8,1, BootROM IM81.00C1.B00, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.06 GHz, 4 GB
    Graphics: kHW_NVidiaGeForce8800GSItem, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS, spdisplays_pcie_device, 512 MB
    Memory Module: global_name
    AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x8C), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.91.22)
    Bluetooth: Version 2.1.9f10, 2 service, 1 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
    Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
    Parallel ATA Device: MATSHITADVD-R UJ-875
    USB Device: Built-in iSight, (null) mA
    USB Device: OneTouch II, (null) mA
    USB Device: Keyboard Hub, (null) mA
    USB Device: Optical USB Mouse, (null) mA
    USB Device: Apple Keyboard, (null) mA
    USB Device: My Book 1110, (null) mA
    USB Device: IR Receiver, (null) mA
    USB Device: BRCM2046 Hub, (null) mA
    USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, (null) mA

• paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Would this be the reason that my included content for Carrara shows up in content but when I click on the wizards it says insert disk wizard content not found?

• paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

So is the install problem still happening on the Mac ? I have just moved to Carrara and trying to get my content installed. I initially didn't have any of the native content either . Using the DIM to reinstall corrected this but none of my Carrara content I purchased is showing up.