Already have version 4.5..

wcthrillwcthrill Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

..do I install on top of or remove 4.5 then install Beta?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

The Beta will install BESIDE your current version and can only be installed with DIM for that reason. That way you do not lose a working version of DAZ Studio. Be Warned of this, ANY files saved with the Beta can not be loaded by DS 4.5. This is what I did. I made a Copy of my Content Folder and Named it Beta and pointed the Beta to it so I didn't over write my working scenes with ones that I could not use in the normal DS.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • wcthrillwcthrill Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Problem is I'll have 3 version Daz 4.5 32bit (has lip sync) then 64 (has Decimator which for some reason isnt on 32 bit)
    Should I rather just install the 4.6 version to avoid and remove 4.5?

edited September 2013

It will not matter, I have DS3A 32 DS3A 64 DS4.6 32 DS4.6 64 and DS4.6 Beta 64 all installed at this time.

The only thing to watch out for is ONLY the Beta can read files made with it. I use a Full BETA only content folder. I just copied my main folder and then Pointed the Beta at it. The Smart does not work but I do not need it for testing.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

why would you want to keep so many versions? what is the benefit?

edited December 1969

I have a load of money invested in Plugins that only work in DS3A and I also use Lip synic in both versions that needs the 32 bit version installed. For full use I have the 64 bit versions of both installed. I have reasons and a use for all four. The Beta is just to see what is different.

edited December 1969

Damn that sucks that you need to keep all those versions. I have plugins for Photoshop that are several years old and still
    wrk with the latest PS version.

Maybe since that DAZ gives away the sftware theres no incentive to make those older plug ins compatible.

Does 64 bit version 4.6 have lip sync?