Add a Ignore DUPLICATE ID and DUPLICATE FORMULA Check box to Daz Studio

paulbungardpaulbungard Posts: 52
edited November 2018 in Product Suggestions

[Add a Ignore DUPLICATE ID and DUPLICATE FORMULA Check box to Daz Studio] as the description says make it so those of us running batches and other renders can just not have the notification pop up and stop everything loading  

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

That sounds like a possible solution. Another idea would be if DS would direct you immediately to the two conflicting files so that you can deal with it, or even give a choice of which to keep. So the problem is identified by DS and then a solution is offered; that would be user friendly programming.

• If 

That sounds like a possible solution. Another idea would be if DS would direct you immediately to the two conflicting files so that you can deal with it, or even give a choice of which to keep. So the problem is identified by DS and then a solution is offered; that would be user friendly programming.

Problum with that is if running a batch I'm rendering a batch of different renders not a searis. One i start the batch I leave and just want the Renders to be done. If it gave you both options then that would be cool too 

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

another solution is to show the warning message but not stop the laoding

just to prevent the user to check the log,,but no stop until user click the warning message

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited November 2018

I have the same problem. Quite why a warning message is allowed to hang everything up is something that never ceases to puzzle me.  I write, incidentally, as a thirty six year veteran of  commericial computing.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

I have the same problem. Quite why a warning message is allowed to hang everything up is something that never ceases to puzzle me.  I write, incidentally, as a thirty six year veteran of  commericial computing.

Cheers,

Alex.

I too would welcome an explanation of why this has to be so. There are many programs which do this when running batch processes. Instead of moving on to the next file and providing a log of failed executions, they just stop and ask if you want to carry on with the batch process. They don't even give the opportunity to have the option of never stopping on a non-fatal error message. On the one hand, this is so common and I assume programmers are intelligent people, that I assume there must be a good reason. On the other hand, maybe it is just laziness. Perhaps DAZ would like to comment on this issue to confirm that there really is a good reason for stopping a batch process to display an error message saying "Do you want to continue with the batch process?"