Does anyone recognize this character?

corvustatiuscorvustatius Posts: 0
edited November 2018 in Product Suggestions

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the character that I attached below? I've been looking for this model for an eternity. It's from ~1999 - 2000, and it has been used in a game which I am trying to mod.

Does anyone know anything similar to this body?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks and cheers

Corvus

BaseHumanMale.png
121 x 119 - 3K
Post edited by corvustatius on

Comments

• Victor_BVictor_B Posts: 391
    edited November 2018

Did you try any Musculature Morphs for male?

But if you need character... maybe Freak 5...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • corvustatiuscorvustatius Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    Victor_B said:

Did you try any Musculature Morphs for male?

But if you need character... maybe Freak 5...

Thank you Victor, I'll definitely take a look.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

1999/2000   well chances are that it is going to be a Poser figure if it isn't simply the figure created for the game..   1999 was when Metacreations started selling off their 3d programs.  Mike and Vicky came along with the Millennium, which is why they are referred to as the millennium people.  Vickie arrived in 1999   and Michael arrived a bit later, in the new century.  No numbers at that stage. The Original Freak didn't come along till generation 3, so think 2002/2005.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,746
    edited November 2018

The picture is really small to get any distinguishing details.

But have a look at "Apollo Maximus" at sharecg

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2018

Another point I just thought of.   Daz 3d figures cannot be used for game mods, even with the interactive licenses.  They can only be used for new games.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Victor_BVictor_B Posts: 391
    Chohole said:

Another point I just thought of.   Daz 3d figures cannot be used for game mods, even with the intereactive licenses.  They can only be used for new games.

Oh, really? and what the difference?

• Does anyone recognize this character?

If that's the biggest picture you have of him, I reckon any moderately muscle-bound male figure would do.

• So what's the difference between "game mods" and "new games"?
  • modding someones existing game is quite different to creating a new game yourself in a game engine like Unity or Unreal with assets you bought or created, the latter is allowed with an interactive licence and cooked so mesh not extractable

• JonSea31 said:
    So what's the difference between "game mods" and "new games"?

It's the reason you can't use Daz3D content in second life either.  Whoever made the orginal game that you want to mod,  owns those game assets.  You can't make a mod without uploading it to their servers and in that process assigning rights to your mod to them.  Which you can't do,  cause you don't own the rights to the assets purchased here.  By using Daz3D products you are strictly required to follow the EULA,  which is a license agreement.  You have a license to use,  but you DO NOT own the content.  The PAs or Daz own it and we don't give you permission for that.  Period.  If we don't give it,  legally you don't have it.   Now,  an interactive license allows you to make a new game product but it also has very specific and strict rules based in law.  Failure to follow these rules,  can lead to legal action against you.