How to look for keywords in Carrara 8.5?

FetitoFetito Posts: 481
edited September 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!

How can I look for keywords in the object browser in Carrara 8.5? Is there a hotkey?

Thank you!

Post edited by Fetito on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Unless they added a search field in the Browser in C8.5, I don't think there is one. There is a list of the files that shipped with the native content under the help menu if that helps.

What I do, is create my own folder where I want it and name it what I want and then add it to the Browser. It will show up at the bottom of the list of directories in the browser.

This comes in handy if there isn't already a category for what I'm saving, such as people, space ships, whatever.

You can add to the directories by dragging and dropping the object or figure from the Instances tab onto the Browser directory of your choice.

Just a little note for all the new Carrara users: if you have a figure, such as a V4 or even a Genesis, it will load faster if saved in the native Carrara format. The easiest way to save and use a character that you've spent hours creating is to drag it to the Objects Browser. Want the clothing as well as the figure? Group them together and drag the whole group to the browser.

• FetitoFetito Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Ufff, not being able to look for downloaded content by keywords really makes the work harder.

Is there maybe a plugin for this?