Best HDRI for indoors?

Hey guys, I've used the HDRI sets by orestes for outdoor HDRI and they have basically solves any lighting issues I've ever had. They just nail it, it all looks so realistic.

My problem is that I cannot find something like this for indoors. Without sounding lazy, it is so, so easy to throw these on and just rotate the dome for proper shadows, but indoors it seems much more difficult.

I cannot get the realism to be 1/10th of what it is outside on the inside and I don't see how I could use an HDRI for that. Any suggestions? 

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

You would have to use an interior HDRI, one that was takien and developed inside of a room. If you are using a 3d room environment, then actual lighting is the best bet, not an HDRI.

• karia007 said:

Hey guys, I've used the HDRI sets by orestes for outdoor HDRI and they have basically solves any lighting issues I've ever had. They just nail it, it all looks so realistic.

My problem is that I cannot find something like this for indoors. Without sounding lazy, it is so, so easy to throw these on and just rotate the dome for proper shadows, but indoors it seems much more difficult.

I cannot get the realism to be 1/10th of what it is outside on the inside and I don't see how I could use an HDRI for that. Any suggestions? 

You might have missed this little gem by "dimension theory"...

https://www.daz3d.com/iradiance-hdri-variety-pack-one

Not only does it have an indoor HDRI but it also has a couple of night time ones that re my goto.. I find this is my most commonly used HDRI set and I hope that somebody makes more of them...