Cannot find the installed "CPM Modular Urban Triplex"

FetitoFetito Posts: 481
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Help! I bougt "CPM Modular Urban Triplex", but I cannot find it. (http://www.daz3d.com/cpm-modular-urban-triplex)

Carrara does not seem to contain a search function.

Usually, where do I find it in the browser? I cannot even find a PDF-manual.

Somebody could give me an advise?

Thank you!

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

It's actually in several different places, and most Carrara products work this way, you have to go into Carrara and add the folders in each tab.

Go into carrara, click on the 'scenes' tab and then over on the far right of that section you'll see a darkened circle with a picture of a file (if you hover over it you'll see it is the File/Folder menu. Click on that and one of the things you can do is to Add a Folder.

Click on that and you'll need to navigate to wherever on your computer the CPM Triplex scene files were installed. For mine it is:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Carrara8.5\Scenes\CPM Modular Urban Triplex

Probably true for you as well :)

That will add the folder to your scene tab, and you can then scroll down to that folder, click on it, and it will give all the different scene types you can load up.

However CPM Triplex has lots of objects in it that you may want to add piecemeal to your existing scenes (say you want to use a couch from CPM Triplex but nothing else, and want to add it to another scene you're building). So you'll also want to add the folder that contains those individual CPM Triplex objects to your objects tab.

So click over to your 'Objects' tab in carrara (right next to 'Scenes') and repeat the process of adding a new folder, and go find the folder that contains your CPM Triplex objects. For me it is at:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Carrara8.5\Presets\Objects\CPM Modular Urban Triplex

CPM triplex has it's own atmosphere settings you can add, and this folder would be added to the 'Misc' tab:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Carrara8.5\Presets\Atmosphere

Hopefully this helps. :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

This should help, but please... bear with me...

First things first:
    If you cannot find stuff, I'm guessing that the DIM installed it for you. If this is the case, the best place to look is in the DIM. Here we go:
    Open up that DIM. After you log on or 'work offline', check out the "Installed" tab and find the product in the list. The little 'i' with a circle around it is the ReadMe shortcut. hack that. It probably has instructions in there.

If that doesn't help, for whatever reason, the next place to check is in the Carrara installation directory. This is where we install our products to that are made for Carrara. So let's find that. Probably on the "C" drive under Program Files > DAZ 3D > Carrara8.5 (it might be under Program Files (x86) if you're not using Pro)

Now inside the Carrara8.5 folder, keep an eye open (alphabetical order) for any folder named "MC xxx", where xxx is a name of sorts, like CPM, or something. Mat Creator usually make his tuff pretty easy to find, and his prefix, MC, is usually present on the folders.

If you don't see one right inside Carrara8.5, lets look deeper. Open the "Scenes" folder, but if you don't find an MC xxx folder, back out of there and check under Presets. Once in Presets, if you still haven't found one, try the Objects folder. Beyong that you'll need more official help.

Now, let's say you do find his folder. Open up Carrara, unless it's already there.

If you found the folder in the Scenes folder, got to the Scenes tab in the browser.

In the upper right corner of the browser window, in the window pane itself, or just above, look for the little black icon. It's tiny. There will be a line of these icons, the furthest to the right is black. Hover over it to reveal tht it is the File/Folder Options icon. Click on that and select "Add Folder" and go find that folder you've found in the Scenes folder.

If you've found the folder in Presets and/or in Objects, go to the Objects tab in the browser.
    Find the little black icon in the upper right corner of the Browser window, click it and select "Add Folder" and go locate (and click on) the folder you've found, and select Okay.

It may ask about the type of files that the folder holds. If you're in the Scenes tab, select "Scenes", or if your in the objects folder select "Objects"

Your new folder will be located on the bottom of the list. Each time you add a new folder to a browser tab in this manner, it adds to the bottom.

I hope you find it - looks really cool!

• FetitoFetito Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

@Jonstark and @Dartanbeck: Thank you for your help! Now the files are loaded.

I was confused, because some Carrara stuff I bought got added automatically.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

@Jonstark and @Dartanbeck: Thank you for your help! Now the files are loaded.

I was confused, because some Carrara stuff I bought got added automatically.

That's my fault - that's me. I just can't see having that sweet library setup that comes with Carrara, and not install my products directly into it. It just makes too much sense!