Vegetal shader

Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
edited November 2018 in Product Suggestions

Hi,

There are skin enhancer scripts but how to make a plant be realistic ?

For example, I would like SY Mutants of Chzor look like a real plant instead of a plastic object.

Post edited by Noah LGP on

Comments

• try the iray uber wax shader with maps maybe?

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited November 2018

I often use the subsurface workshop shader on vegetables and plants (and other things too) not sure it will work for what you have in mind, but might be worth to check up. Since it's also on sale right now :) https://www.daz3d.com/subsurface-workshop-sss-shaders-for-iray

Post edited by Carola O on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited November 2018

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

I'm unfamiliar with iray shaders, but you could try changing whatever parameter affects reflection or specularity so that it doesn't look quite as shiny?

If it makes sense for your scene and you know how, consider that a lot of plants typically have dead leaves/needles or browned leaf tips or insect damage or other minor discolorations.  Adding these things might influence the overall look.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

What I often do is take a shader I like and apply it, then change the maps over.

I do that a LOT with skin, and it often comes out neat.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Someone made a two-sided shader for leaves.  It's Iray.  But it's not here...it's at "the Hive".  I never knew it was possible to have a two sided shader.  I wish I knew how to do it.  Shaders are not something I have any idea how to make, though.

Dana