Poser 10 VS Poser 11

edited November 2018 in Poser Discussion

I got a new computer last year and never installed Poser, but I want to now.  I have Poser 10, but was wondering if I should upgrade to Poser 11 instead.  I'd read that there could be problems with the Superfly rendering engine in Poser 11 and legacy content (which I have a ton of).  Is it worth the upgrade price.  The Poser people frankly turn me off, I very rarely use their included figures (though it is nice they come with "anatomical elements" at no additional cost).  Can anyone give me any insight.  I also used to use Daz Studio, and I had a ton of content for that.  I have used Poser since version 3 though and there are things I like about it.

Post edited by tom.santomartino_8315241f65 on

Comments

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Poser 11 still has the Firefly renderer. Superfly is a new added option. You can wait for a massive sale on Poser 11 Pro, there was one end of last year.
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

I saw your posts on other sites; honestly if you're only going to render males in Poser, chances are you're not going to use anything past M4/Freak4 (as far as 'complete' figures that you can use decently) so what you have should be fine for now, and just check for when SM has Poser 11 at a firesale price to get the 64 bit version so you can put more things in memory. I got an email from Content Paradise about a sale, you may look to see if they've marked Poser down.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I saw your posts on other sites; honestly if you're only going to render males in Poser, chances are you're not going to use anything past M4/Freak4 (as far as 'complete' figures that you can use decently) so what you have should be fine for now, and just check for when SM has Poser 11 at a firesale price to get the 64 bit version so you can put more things in memory. I got an email from Content Paradise about a sale, you may look to see if they've marked Poser down.

With the DSON importer you can use Genesis 1 and 2

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

I know.. but it can be a struggle depending on how good your computer is... 

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Here is the complete comparison list of 11 vs 10 and some others. Check it yourself, there may be some important features for you specifically. For example 64 bit support for big scenes or 4k monitor support. https://my.smithmicro.com/why-upgrade-to-poser-pro.html
  • edited November 2018

Thank you for answering.  They are having a massive sale now, I can get an upgrade Poser Pro 11 for $123. or Poser 11 for about $56 or something like that.  My computer has good specs, it's a gaming pc.  I have an newer i5 Intel Processor (3.0 ghtz turbo boost to 3.5) and a Nvidea 1060 3 GB graphics card and 16 GB DDR4 memory; so I think it should be able to handle complex scenes fairly well.  I was wondering if it was worth getting Poser Pro for the fitting room because I have difficulties with Wardrobe Wizard at times.  I don't often adapt clothing form one figure to another, but I have some odd figures I'd like to use that have nothing to wear essentially.  For the price, even if I don't use all the special features, do you think I'd be better off just going for Pro?

@Male-M3dia I've never had problems with other versions of Poser in the past.  I've made sure my computers were up to snuff for graphic/video/photoediting.  I've even Poser Pro 2012  used it on my i7 laptop with discrete Nvidea graphics card. I wish I had gotten an i7 this time--but I got a much more affordable price on the i5, but the GPU rendering might help if renders seem to take longer than usual.

My favorite figures are M2, David, The Freak, M4 and The Freak 4.

Post edited by tom.santomartino_8315241f65 on