Farkes and Payne On Sale Today

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
edited September 2013 in Carrara Discussion

well I always wanted to write "Farkes and Payne" in a thread title ever since I changed my medications to Placebo Lite (reg.tm)..

but seriously:

in the interests of encouraging PA's to make Carrara specific goodies rather than evil empire Studio stuff....

tim payne: http://www.daz3d.com/tim-payne

howie farkes : http://www.daz3d.com/howiefarkes

all Tim Payne's stuff I have is tom terrific. And Howie's do beautiful renders,

Post edited by Headwax on

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Ah man, I'm in trouble. I need... to save... for Fenric's... stuff.... dammit... I can resist anything but temptation.

Luckily I already have most of Tim Payne's stuff, but Lightdomes 2 is calling my name.

And Howie has some newer stuff I must have missed. Now that I'm trying to actually learn how to use Carrara for modeling, I thought I might try to learn some animation techniques and try my hand at making a landscape, something I've never really done much of. And man Howie is an absolute master, might have to indulge my temptation and pick up a scene or two of his, just for the tear-it-apart-to-see-how-the-hell-he-does-such-magic.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    Ah man, I'm in trouble. I need... to save... for Fenric's... stuff.... dammit... I can resist anything but temptation.

Luckily I already have most of Tim Payne's stuff, but Lightdomes 2 is calling my name.

And Howie has some newer stuff I must have missed. Now that I'm trying to actually learn how to use Carrara for modeling, I thought I might try to learn some animation techniques and try my hand at making a landscape, something I've never really done much of. And man Howie is an absolute master, might have to indulge my temptation and pick up a scene or two of his, just for the tear-it-apart-to-see-how-the-hell-he-does-such-magic.

You will learn a whole lot from studying how Howie makes his scenes, his attention to detail is incredible! Both artists' stuff are well worth getting. And of course, the more sales that DAZ gets for Carrara items, the more love they will give it for future development....

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

And of course, the more sales that DAZ gets for Carrara items, the more love they will give it for future development….

yes spot on. :)

Howie's Scenes will teach a lot Jonstark

But don't forget Fenric. We need him to make more plugins!!!! :)

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Tim's new product the Monolithic Supercomputers comes with Carrara, DAZ Studio, & Poser versions.

• GarethGareth Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up head wax :)
    carrara skies lightdomes volume 1, you are mine now, you belong to me!

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up head wax :)
    carrara skies lightdomes volume 1, you are mine now, you belong to me!

Very good choice. I've learned a lot from it.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

Carrara Skies Bundle and Secret Lake Bundle... Happy Birthday to me!

:) Silene

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 1969

I was playing with Secret lake today by coincidence https://m.app.box.com/view_shared/t7o1xo7mag9lss523exv
    added animated normal bump to water for the video I am doing using this spherical render (looped image series on a sphere camera panning inside)

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

I was playing with Secret lake today by coincidence https://m.app.box.com/view_shared/t7o1xo7mag9lss523exv
    added animated normal bump to water for the video I am doing using this spherical render (looped image series on a sphere camera panning inside)

Wendy, I want to thank you for your mention (among others who have also said this) about importing vs accessing Genesis via Content or Smart Content or from a saved favourite in the browser in Carrara. I used to think it was "the" thing to do to save my stylised Genesis characters to my browser and then have them handy to load into scenes.

Mind that I'm a complete noob, but I think as was mentioned that it DOES slow down Carrara 64-bit performance. Having just got Pro I was really stumped. So I downloaded the 32-bit version but have not loaded in any extra content or my morphed Genesis characters into the programme's browser or files.

I am keeping it bare bones.It runs fine side by side with 64-bit still on my machine. I can easily open the files I already created over in 64-bit and the programme runs faster, saves without errors and renders just fine. If I need to mess about with my stable of browser content, I will pop over to the 64-bit's browser content file location and import my Genesis characters. As both 64 and 32 have the same shaders and other basic items that I use, it's not been a problem. All my custom textures, etc are in their own project files that I save locally. Sorry if I am not explaning it very well, but it works. So far.

:) Silene