Fantasy stuff that sounds really cool to have- utilities too!

Things I'd like to see from the store or added as a script product.

Firstly, any kind of utility makes me excited. Those are things that change the ENTIRE way to work or be big time savers.

1) Scene Optimizer was a big one, a Real Time Animator Mode - imagine something similar for animation that allows smooth animation and then a big swap (in textures and scene obj) for the final output render. Maybe, like PARTS of the set are wireframe- depending on distance so that you can load a full set and script out your animations.

2) A Smart Content Sort or a few more options. like -- most used -- recently used - a better NATIVE favorites - Custom Categories. AND the big part is getting the interface right so it's a simple DRAG and DROP.

3) A scene Data export that is a checkbox in the Daz Settings to "Save scene product data" where it generates a text file of the name of all the products you used in the scene. A text or excel sheet is a sub-choice. It can also be another Tab called "Scene Data" and every time you add or use  a product, it gets added to that list.

4) Along with that is a Content Link TOOL, where it has a tick box for follow selected tool (surface or Node or...tool) or Universal so whatever you click on in the scene, the Tab pulls up the name of the product - that object or thing came from.

5) A full short cuts or Key binding system. Another area by the help menu that allows me to pick my own shortcuts for almost EVERY Daz function. If it's in a menu or reached by right-clicking, I should be able to design my own combo-shortcut.

6) A USERS TAB. That's a tab...  that's like a script bar, where I get to slot my favorite operations. It'd be like I record a series of operations and Daz can batch them. I need sleep so I can't remember the proper term right now....

7) Batch render, where there's an Export to Batch Render Bank and a Special Camera is created, along with a special save function that locks in the scene info and creates a cue. This Plug-in has a preview window/tab and saves a thumbnail of each proposed render.

8) I know it's almost impossible and would be inaccurate, but some kind of TIME LEFT clock. There must be a way to guess-timate how long a render would take.

Even if it was just based on the machine's specs and Ram versus memory footprint and...and....

OR - the meter includes a few test scenes that it runs on your machine and analyzes the data and proceeds to create a curve or average line for that computer set up.

And/Or it could combine and pool data from other machines and create a curve.

That's enough for now. I could do this all night.

Comments

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798
    edited November 2018

Number 5 already exists: Window > Workspace > Customise... in the menu, or press F3. Find the function you want in the "Actions" area on the left, right-click it, and it lets you choose a shortcut for it.

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
  • 3) A scene Data export that is a checkbox in the Daz Settings to "Save scene product data" where it generates a text file of the name of all the products you used in the scene. A text or excel sheet is a sub-choice. It can also be another Tab called "Scene Data" and every time you add or use  a product, it gets added to that list.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/metadata/list_products_used/start

5) A full short cuts or Key binding system. Another area by the help menu that allows me to pick my own shortcuts for almost EVERY Daz function. If it's in a menu or reached by right-clicking, I should be able to design my own combo-shortcut.

Window>Workspace>Customise, find the command on the left, right-click, assign short-cut and press the key combo you want.

• Yes. Great thing to find out.

See, some of my wacky posts turn out to be helpful.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

On number 6, if you right click any icon you get the option to create a custom action and it goes into the script tab on tob, so kinda the same thing.

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751
    edited November 2018

Hey, if we're going cloud cuckoo land, how about a brand new dope sheet for animation with functions like "stabilise feet" and "stabilise hands" or just "stabilise", to magically execute scripts like McCasual's orient, hold on and auto-limb.  And on that subject, what's with the current dope sheet displaying all twenty hundred thousand values instead of only the values with keys, or values specifically added - without a search function.  And... puppeteer, why doesn't it save deltas.  Why can't I do real layering of only changed values since the previous key... I'd better stop before I get going...

btw, your "users" function looks like a transform history list.  You know, a transform stack.  That sounds interesting for sure.

Post edited by Robinson on