Get your free plants (unrealistic, fantasy) - 12 free plants so far.

2»

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 2018

Here I've tried to save a Christmas tree in Daz Studio format.  Should also work in Carrara, bit the shaders would have to be adjusted.  There is a Carrara version earlier in the thread.

https://sharecg.com/v/92762/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Christmas-Tree-Daz-Studio-format-Reload

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited December 2018

Here is an unrealistic palm tree.  Carrara format.  Enjoy.
    https://sharecg.com/v/92766/view/5/3D-Model/Tree-Carrara-unrealistic-Palm-tree

Pallm tree test render.jpg
    700 x 700 - 27K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited December 2018

Test rendering with two types of your trees with my just finished for now Tiger Moth yes smiley

TigerMothWiP2.png
    640 x 480 - 291K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited December 2018

Wow, Stezza, somehow I am just seeing this.  Great flyover.  Don't think my unrealistic trees do your plane justice.  

Here is the next fantasy plant.  It includes versions of mistletoe. holly.  I had no idea that there were so many varieties of mistletoe, or that it was a parasite on other trees.  I've included two files.  One uses the plant modeler as intended to be mistletoe holly in the wild.  Hang it upside down and attach to another tree.  The other is a grouping of modeled branch and berries, intended for traditional scenes in which someone has used it to decorate a house or whatever.  I'm posting the mistletoe holly to the thread instead of at Sharecg.  I've included the uvmap and diffuse maps for the misteltoe holly leaves. 

EDITED to address the labels holly and mistletoe.

See attached.

zip
    zip
    Mistletoe Freebie Free for any use.zip
    2M
    mistletoe plant.jpg
    700 x 700 - 49K
    mistletoe bunch.jpg
    700 x 700 - 20K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 2018

just saw the mistletoe thanks!! great job 

Post edited by Headwax on

Here I've tried to save a Christmas tree in Daz Studio format.  Should also work in Carrara, bit the shaders would have to be adjusted.  There is a Carrara version earlier in the thread.

https://sharecg.com/v/92762/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Christmas-Tree-Daz-Studio-format-Reload

If using the Christmas tree in Carrara, make sure to use the earlier Carrara version.  The Studio DUF file is much, much more resource intensive.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Wow, Stezza, somehow I am just seeing this.  Great flyover.  Don't think my unrealistic trees do your plane justice.  

Here is the next fantasy plant.  It includes versions of mistletoe.  I had no idea that there were so many varieties, or that it was a parasite on other trees.  I've included two files.  One uses the plant modeler as intended to be mistletoe in the wild.  Hang it upside down and attach to another tree.  The other is a grouping of modeled branch and berries, intended for traditional scenes in which someone has used it to decorate a house or whatever.  I'm posting the mistletoe to the thread instead of at Sharecg.  I've included the uvmap and diffuse maps for the misteltoe leaves. 

See attached.

its mistletoe!!!heartheart

thanks for this!!laugh

edited December 2018

You are welcome.

Here is another bush.  This one has clover leaves (3 leaf).  Again, unrealistic, with procdural shaders, not intended for closeups.

https://sharecg.com/v/92787/view/5/3D-Model/Carrara-Fantasy-Clover-Bush

plant 13 fantasy bush clover leaves.jpg
    500 x 500 - 29K

Wow, soon we will be calling you Johhny Appleseed Carrara ;) thanks again., ! 

edited December 2018

You are welcome.  Starting to get a better feel for the modeler controls, and some of the limitations.  Will be posting a few questions that I now have, especially regarding leaves. 

Pease provide any feedback related to the tree freebies that I have posted, especially if you get any kind of error message.  My emphasis of procedual shaders has been to minimize the potential for errors when shared.  Going forward, I won't limit myself to procedural shaders.  The mistletoe had some texture maps, which is why I shared it to the forum instead of ShareCG.    The mistletoe's maps are good examples of things that I'm concerned could be a poblem when sharing.

• slowly building up a forest! I have downloaded them all as I have most stuff on the forum, still finding time to render it all 

tried to post the bark texture of my guava tree but it's too large for the forum... frown

edited December 2018

tried to post the bark texture of my guava tree but it's too large for the forum... frown

I've been uploading images to facebook (copy and paste them from pse) then copy them and paste them int o my post here - might still be too big tho?

Post edited by Headwax on

I downsized it by half.... smiley

also included the bump map for it.

bark guava tree_small.png
    1300 x 2040 - 5M
    bark guava tree bump.png
    510 x 800 - 741K
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 2018

Here is the next fantasy plant.  It includes versions of mistletoe.  I had no idea that there were so many varieties, or that it was a parasite on other trees.  I've included two files.  One uses the plant modeler as intended to be mistletoe in the wild.  Hang it upside down and attach to another tree.  The other is a grouping of modeled branch and berries, intended for traditional scenes in which someone has used it to decorate a house or whatever.  I'm posting the mistletoe to the thread instead of at Sharecg.  I've included the uvmap and diffuse maps for the misteltoe leaves. 

See attached.

This is amazing and I love the berry use!! And I will be using it... thank you so much.

But.... to me it looks like holly.   Mistletoe might be easier to model as it grows in a ball on the tree with white berries for the ones I have seen, and no prickly leaves as in the image below. I have not seen it growing in a holly bush or tree though.  I know I have seen vector images on the web of holly being called mistletoe, but not sure why.

Love your holly, though!   heart  Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 2018

Mistletoe also country specific, we have mistletoe in Australia and a little mistletoe bird that eats and distributes it by poo but it's a different mistletoe to the European ones etc and grows on gum trees mostly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistletoe

and looking here there are an awful lot of different Mistletoes around

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Here is the next fantasy plant.  It includes versions of mistletoe. holly.  I had no idea that there were so many varieties of mistletoe, or that it was a parasite on other trees.  I've included two files.  One uses the plant modeler as intended to be mistletoe holly in the wild.  Hang it upside down and attach to another tree.  The other is a grouping of modeled branch and berries, intended for traditional scenes in which someone has used it to decorate a house or whatever.  I'm posting the mistletoe holly to the thread instead of at Sharecg.  I've included the uvmap and diffuse maps for the misteltoe holly leaves. 

EDITED to address the labels holly and mistletoe.

See attached.

smileyyes

• I actually grew up with a  holly tree (not bush it was too big for a bush) in my front yard but of course in Adelaide it got the red berries in July, we used it a lot in flower arrangements.

sadly one day it just decided to die.

• more bark as can never have too much
    off my Jacaranda tree

bark1.JPG
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
    bark2.JPG
    1936 x 2592 - 2M
    bark3.JPG
    2592 x 1936 - 2M

more bark as can never have too much
    off my Jacaranda tree

Thank you!

Another Christmas tree, this time with tinsel.  I created the tinsel using Philemo's plugin to convert hair to mesh.  I deleted the strands that I gew the hair on. 

https://sharecg.com/v/92793/view/5/3D-Model/Xmas-Tree-with-Tinsel-Carrara-Format

aa06 tinsel tree testrender.jpg
    500 x 500 - 33K