Carrara 8.5 for Mac Crash

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I downloaded the program today. After I type in the serial number the program crashes.
Also if I choose for Trial it crashes. I do not succeed to open it.
Anyone know a solution to this problem?

Please help me out.
Regards
Marc

Comments

• edited December 1969

You MAY have to installed Carrrara on your MAC as the ROOT USER! DO a google search on that

• paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

There is also a problem with the open GL settings causing a crash problem on Mac.

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

You MAY have to installed Carrrara on your MAC as the ROOT USER! DO a google search on that

With 8.5 you shouldn't have to.

edited December 1969

paulg625 said:
    There is also a problem with the open GL settings causing a crash problem on Mac.

I've never encountered that so it's definitely not happening on all Macs.

edited December 1969

maycanady said:
    I downloaded the program today. After I type in the serial number the program crashes.
    Also if I choose for Trial it crashes. I do not succeed to open it.
    Anyone know a solution to this problem?

Please help me out.
    Regards
    Marc

Some info on your Macs specs and OS could help others to give better answers.

edited December 1969

paulg625 said:

Interesting, I used the old installer the first time i installed. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to use Carrara when I first got it. Never had the problem after reinstalling with the DIM. Don't know if that would or should have mattered. I reinstalled because of the DIM problem with the Carrara content not showing up.

edited December 1969

paulg625 said:
    paulg625 said:

Interesting, I used the old installer the first time i installed. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to use Carrara when I first got it. Never had the problem after reinstalling with the DIM. Don't know if that would or should have mattered. I reinstalled because of the DIM problem with the Carrara content not showing up.

I don't know that it makes a difference or not but I don't use the DIM to install anything. I just run the installers manually.

edited December 1969

paulg625 said:
    paulg625 said:

I don't know that it makes a difference or not but I don't use the DIM to install anything. I just run the installers manually.

I understand, I am still torn on this issue. The Dim worked ok with Daz Studio. But the vote is still out for me on Carrara. But I have so much to learn that it will be a while before I even worry about that part. LOL

• ricmortonricmorton Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm having the same problem with my new Carrara 8.5. Can't input the serial number on my MacPro. Works on my iMac at home, although crashed the first time I tried it. Both running 10.93 Mavericks. Carrara continues to be a frustrating program. It has NEVER been without major bugs on the Mac. I just don't see what their problem is. And there's nobody to call. They obviously want to avoid dealing with these things. All you can do is "open a ticket" and it can take DAYS to hear back. Bad bad bad. The Cinema 4D guys are terrific. Real American guys to talk to. Just can't spend the money so went with Carrara. Mistake.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited June 2014

is this a question?

Carrara 8.5 is running fine on my MacPro.

Post edited by wetcircuit on
    edited December 1969

I suppose not unless you look at the comment and realize help is needed. It's just like everyone else who posts "I'm having the same problem".

edited December 1969

No, it just seems like complaining and ranting. Questions generally end with a question mark. Thank yous generally end with the words "Thanks!" or "Thank you".

We are NOT you slaves, nor are any of us married to you. Try again.

edited December 1969

Jesus.
    Ok. To reiterate.
    Has anyone found an answer to the issue that Carrara 8.5 crashes on entering the serial number?
    Thanks!

RM

edited December 1969

Let's stick with ONE thread, shall we?

Since you don't know how to ask for help, it's quite possible you don't know when someone is trying to help you.