Annoying Bryce/Photoshop Install message from DIM

Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Well, this is annoying and I'm not quite sure what to do about it...

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6;CS5;CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

I don't have Photoshop, and probably never will buy it or any other Adobe "Creative Cloud" licenses because continued usage requires a monthly subscription. Sure, I'll pay a subscription such as Platinum Club, but never would I sign on for such a thing just to allow me to keep using the software. Note to the marketing braintrust at DAZ: Don't ever do what Adobe is doing, it's pure evil!

Editorial commentary aside, how do I get rid of this message?

Thanks!

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

In DIM, go to the Ready to Download tab, click on the Download Filters button. Is Photoshop checked off? IF it is, uncheck it and click the Accept button. That will stop the Photoshop Bridge installer(s) from appearing on the Ready to Download Tab.

Then go to your DIM downloads folder and search for photoshop and delete the files that have already been downloaded. You may find up to four files. 2 for DS Production and 2 for the Beta. Deleting them will remove the entry(ies) from the Ready to Install tab. Below are the four files I have on my system:

IM00006952-02_Photoshop3DBridgeforDAZStudio45Win64bit.dsx
    IM00006952-02_Photoshop3DBridgeforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip

IM00016589-02_Photoshop3DBridgeforDAZStudio45Win64bitPublicBuild.dsx
    IM00016589-02_Photoshop3DBridgeforDAZStudio45Win64bitPublicBuild.zip

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,514
    edited September 2013

Using DIM to install Bryce content is not the best option in my experience. I just get the ZIP and install stuff where I want it. There are only a few things in Bryce that need to be in a specific location.

Post edited by Horo on