new computer+new carrara,how do I set it to use all cores?

Hi

new computer with win10 and 4 cores,new carrara 8.5 installed on it,can only see one tile rendering ,compared to older carrara I could set it to use several cores/several tiles showed when rendering

M

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

In the Preferences/ Application: check "Use multiprocessors"

Note that the fast render in the 3D view use 1 core only.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    DUDU said:

In the Preferences/ Application: check "Use multiprocessors"

I think that should be "Preferences/General" 

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256

thanks

it started working by itself,apparantly a simple sphere(planet) render by default 640x480 wasnt enough for renderer to use all cores,but started when I increased size of render and complexity

is there a way to get back cartoon renderer I had in previous carrara version?

• mach25 said:

thanks

it started working by itself,apparantly a simple sphere(planet) render by default 640x480 wasnt enough for renderer to use all cores,but started when I increased size of render and complexity

You can change (reduce) the tiles size at the bottom of the rendering tab. Depending on the scene, it can speed up (or down ...) the rendering.

You can select other renderers at the top of the Rendering tab (dark line just under the tab itself).  Default is 'Photorealistic'. I'm afraid though there isn't 'Cartoon'. Maybe ''Non-Photorealistic' is close enough ?

I just noticed something odd: it seems you can use multiple cores only with the photorealistic renderer. The others only use one ...

• MerKhrys said:
    mach25 said:

thanks

You can change (reduce) the tiles size at the bottom of the rendering tab. Depending on the scene, it can speed up (or down ...) the rendering.

You can select other renderers at the top of the Rendering tab (dark line just under the tab itself).  Default is 'Photorealistic'. I'm afraid though there isn't 'Cartoon'. Maybe ''Non-Photorealistic' is close enough ?

I just noticed something odd: it seems you can use multiple cores only with the photorealistic renderer. The others only use one ...

there is indeed toon and now thx to Digital Carvers Guild going opensource, Toon pro

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

unleash the cores !

• Mystarra said:

unleash the cores !

Apple Cores V Window threads

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    MerKhrys said:
    mach25 said:

thanks

Multicore support was only added to a few areas of Carrara like the photoreal renderer.
  • So Carrara is officially working on Win10?
    That's good to know :)
    So Octane and also Carrara Plugins should work than too.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    Yes Carrara and plugins work on Win10.