question about puppeteer for 8.0

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I’ve been playing around with puppeteer in Carrara 8.0 and I have a quick question. I added the pose in the control chart and recorded the animation. When I start the playback I noticed some jerking between pose and found yes ...that was correct…it actually was me jerking the mouse as I moved from pose to pose.

And so it dawned on me that this is somewhat depended on your mouse action in moving between poses. There may be times when you do want this control…and times when you don’t.
If you want to have more precision moving from pose to pose, is there a way to do this?

Also, is there a PDF user guide for version 8 that added this feature? All I can find is version 6 ...in my system and version 7 when I go online.

Thanks.

Comments

• tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Hi sue25.

While in Puppeteer->Edit mode, you can click on a pose dot and it will write all the keyframes for that pose anywhere in the timeline. So you can transition straight from one pose to another if needed. However, Carrara's puppeteer doesn't have pose pictures like Studio's puppeteer, so you have to remember what each pose dot represents. No documentation on puppeteer for Carrara yet. If you need more info let me know.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

Carrara 8.5 has a new feature to smooth an animation, this may be of help?