Can I switch the cameras for the rendering?

FetitoFetito Posts: 481
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!

Can I switch the cameras for the rendering?

For example:

frames 1 - 150 will be rendered with camera 1
frames 151-200 with camera 2
etc...

Is that possible?

Thank you!

Comments

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited September 2013

No, as far as I know.

What I do, when I need something like that, is to create 2 batch jobs, each with the necessary parameters (frames and camera).
    Render settings saved in a batch job override the ones saved in the project.

Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on
  • tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited September 2013

If your rendering one camera after the other in the timeline, then you only need one camera and use a 'Discrete' tweener for switching the positions. If you already have Camera 2 animated(keyframed) then you can use a 'Track' modifier on Camera 1 to track Camera 2. Carrara can not switch the render room output tab rendering cameras in animation. In that case Philemo's above suggestion or similar batch queue might work.

Post edited by tbwoq on
  • FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I actually had a case where I wanted to literal "jump" from angle to angle during an animation. That can be done, but is not as easy as I wish Carrara could handle.

After you set up your cameras where you want them for the shots, you'll have to do your renders in piecemeal and then splice the animation sections later (using any video editing software of your choice).

If you're unsure how to switch between cameras for your render segments, in the "Output" tab in the Render room, use the dropdown option to select the camera, and set your start and end times for each animation segment.

It's a bit manual, and you'll need to nurse your rendering process, but it is a way to render your animation.